Internal Application: Vice President, International Fundraising & Development
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Vice President, International Fundraising & Development
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children through the expansion of its unique educational resources. Though its International Social Impact strategy, Sesame Workshop is aiming to increase its reach and deepen its impact internationally, including in low- and middle-income countries.
The Vice President, International Fundraising & Development, Sesame Workshop, will be responsible for building and strengthening the Workshop’s presence through fundraising, engagement and partnership efforts abroad. This role will provide strategic vision for identifying, soliciting and cultivating philanthropic funding for Sesame Workshop’s work around the world, leveraging internal and external resources to achieve agreed upon goals.
This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented relationship builder with strong international experience. This leader will have a proven track record securing new funding with Foundations and other donor constituencies to make a significant impact at an innovative not-for-profit. The Vice President, International Fundraising & Development will be a member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and will work closely with the Chief Development Officer, the EVP, Global Social Impact and Philanthropy, the CEO, the SVP, International Social Impact and select members of the leadership team.
- Secure new resources of funding across all categories, and develop new partnerships to deepen Sesame Workshop’s reach and impact, with particular focus on South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and the Syrian response region
- Possess a point of view on the international development sector; willingness to engage previously acquired network while also developing new contacts and relationships for the Workshop
- Build sustainable networks for Sesame Workshop and raise the profile of Sesame Workshop among major development partners and funders
- Communicate with authority on international development issues using deep knowledge of the donor community
- Work in close partnership with the International Social Impact team on strategy, programs, workflow and coordinated goals
- Make recommendations as to which events & international meetings Sesame Workshop should participate in, and support briefings accordingly
- Employ analytics and data for making evidence-based decisions and analyzing effectiveness/success
- Forecast revenues, develop and oversee an expense budget. Maintain relevant reports
- Effectively manage a portfolio of activities, assessing tradeoffs when allocating resources (staff and expenses) to ensure highest possible outcomes and impact
- Proactively participate in management efforts within functional area and throughout the Workshop
- Aspire to improve team’s effectiveness, foster innovation, and balance cost/benefit of investments versus status quo
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in a (larger) international nonprofit and/or private sector
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- Experience working with NGOs, government bodies, non-profits and other philanthropic organizations on an international scale, working successfully across a variety of countries and cultures throughout the world
- A natural comfort and experience in soliciting international philanthropic support and a demonstrated track record of success in fundraising and relationship management
- Strong track record of success in securing funding from Foundations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and operate at the highest levels within target organizations
- Strong network within funder organizations and a natural connector
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-starter with sound judgment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to low-resource settings (approx. 25%)
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills and related competencies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong social skills a must; ability to interact -- with professionalism -- with a variety of personalities both internally and externally
- Ability to recognize group needs and work to achieve solutions for better group communication and organization
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and web-based communication and call tools
Sesame Workshop offers a competitive base salary and generous benefits package. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Sesame Workshop is Drug‐Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
At the Employer’s discretion, employment is contingent upon passing a post offer background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law
For additional information visit www.sesameworkshop.org