Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Supervising Producer. The Supervising Producer, Sesame Street Production is responsible for overseeing the planning, studio production and working with the post-production teams of Sesame Street, Not Too Late Show, CNN Townhalls and other Sesame related or derived properties.
They are the main creative point of contact for the directors and follow the editorial process from fine cuts to final mix. They act as the right hand to the Executive Producer and cover all creative decision making in their absence. The position will supervise the sesame street creative producers and work in close collaboration with the Content & Curriculum team, the Head writer and writer’s team as well as Production Management at every phase of production through final delivery to HBO Max, PBS, CNN and other platforms. They should be prepared to explain the creative decision making for Sesame Street and related properties to the other lines of business at the workshop.
The Supervising Producer should be made aware of any and all digital projects produced by the Sesame Street Production team, especially as they relate to use of talent resources, and may be asked to weigh in creatively at various stages from development to delivery.
- In collaboration with Curriculum establish the season topics and oversee creation of show format grid to ensure appropriate content is edited together.
- Supervise the script, talent and films departments.
- Manage all content as it moves through the production process.
- Manage the approval of all production elements.
- Participate in all department pre-production meetings.
- In collaboration with Talent Producer, oversee the hiring of all episodic directors and serve as their primary contact for creative direction.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of creative team, providing "in-studio” consultation with the director and other key creative personnel.
- Manage the approval of the casting or recasting of series regulars.
- Work with the post-production department in planning for post elements that are needed during production.
- Weigh on the creative direction of edits as they move through the editorial process
- Manage the completion of all delivery requirement elements including final cuts, air dates, show timings, and standards and practices.
- Work with music, sound effects and mixing teams and give creative direction.
- Provide creative consultation to the Director, Post Producer & Editors.
- 10 years of production experience in different genres of studio and location production.
- Knowledge of latest Production and Post Production technologies and workflows
- Understanding of television budgets and overall fiscal practices
- Understanding and appreciation of children’s media landscape
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity