Summer & Fall 2018 - Graduate Student Compliance Intern
Social Impact & Philanthropy | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is seeking to hire a Compliance Intern. Sesame Workshop seeks graduate students interested in Compliance as it relates to Federal contracts and assistance funding, social impact and philanthropic operations, policies, and practices. Candidates should be graduate students enrolled in a MBA, Law school or Accounting majors.
Please note: this internship will be for approximately 3-6 months. Full time during the summer and flexible hours during the fall semester.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures in advancement of compliance objectives
- Assist the implementation of policies through training, internal communication, and developing a resource catalog
- Help administer systems relating to document retention, due diligence, and procurement
- Additional responsibilities, as determined appropriate by the Vice President, Operations in the Social Impact and Philanthropy Division, and the Director, Grant and Contract Compliance
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a graduate program in law, business administration, or related fields
- Ability to interpret and apply contractual, statutory, and regulatory language in relation to Sesame Workshop’s policies and practices
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent business writing skills
- Clear communicator who can respond to questions in a timely and respectful manner
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission