Internal Application: Summer 2020 - Legal Intern
Legal | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop seeks a Legal Intern to work alongside eight attorneys on a variety of matters including those related to television development and production, digital and consumer products licensing product safety, events, marketing, publishing, advocacy, philanthropy and social impact initiatives.
Please note: This Legal Internship is for Summer 2020 with the potential to extend through the Fall 2020 Semester. This is not a remote position.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Sesame Workshop attorneys, the legal intern may:
- Review and draft varying documents including license agreements, third party correspondences, and vendor agreements
- Draft memoranda on various areas of law
- Provide research and other assistance on various projects as needed
- The legal intern should have a foundation and interest in intellectual property, entertainment, corporate, and non-profit law.
- Should be intellectually curious, flexible, and interested in transactional law.
- Possess a passion to learn from and contribute to an incredibly active in-house legal team with unique, challenging and exciting matters.
- Must be enrolled in law school and have the flexibility to remain in the position for two consecutive semesters; however, an extension will be offered in Sesame Workshop’s sole discretion.
Work Schedule: Interns will be expected to work a maximum of 35 hours per week for approximately 15 weeks for the Summer and hours are negotiable for the fall, but ideally would be at least 20 hours. The work hours and duration of the internship are flexible as we will work around your school schedule. This is a paid position, with a rate of no less than $20.00 per hour.
Approximate Duration: May 2020 – August 2020
NOTE: Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States and must be currently enrolled in an accredited law school.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled