Sr. Graphic Designer
Brand Creative | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join the award winning Marketing Brand Creative team. This multi-disciplinary team builds brand and brand expressions and across multiple platforms including print, brand guides, digital, social and motion.
The right candidate will:
- Collaborate with internal Brand Creative design + production + Marketing team and freelancers to develop assets.
- Ability to work with brand guidelines, help set standards & make creative and brand
- Design excellence and brand consistency
- Active listener / articulate communicator for in-person collaboration and written feedback for approvals
- Ensure superior quality of creative productions
- Strong follow-through on assignments and open issues.
- Work on several projects at one time.
- Follow through on ideas, assignments and open issues.
- Be proactive and anticipate potential issues.
- Thorough and accurate from kickoff, design process and archiving final
- Design visually stunning expressions for Sesame Workshop, Sesame Street and new content to establish and maintain brand integrity across all projects to deliver on the mission
- Design for multiple audiences: primary audience adults [funders, business partners, sponsors, caregivers] and secondary child-facing
- Create design solutions for a range of content for print, digital and motion
- Strong experience working with brand guidelines and collaborating with creative team and marketing groups to ensure design concepts deliver business goals.
- Collaborate with creative, ops and business team to brainstorm and clearly define the project and meet established deadlines and milestones
- Strong communication skills to provide feedback on partner programs
- B.A. / B.S. Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible, positive attitude and the ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Ability to collaborate with other teams to determine processes, campaigns, etc
- Proficiency with Mac computers using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong with typography, color and composition
- Effectively respond in high-pressure or crisis situations and act professionally, use resources well.
- Must have expertise for print production following studio guidelines and be knowledgeable
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups.
- Empathy to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop, a not-for-profit educational organization, creates innovative and engaging content to help all children reach their highest potential. For almost 50 years, the Workshop has been a global pioneer in educating and entertaining children through multiple media. The organization grounds its work in research to understand how media helps children grow smarter, stronger and kinder. Sesame Workshop is best known as the creator of Sesame Street, Esme & Roy, The Electric Company, Ghostwriter and Helpsters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity