Internal Application: Sr. Director, Branded Content
Brand Creative | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for Sr. Director, Branded Content. The multi-disciplinary brand creative leader to drive brand vision for Sesame Workshop, Sesame Street and new IP and deliver effective brand solutions across multiple media platforms including on-air promo, video, digital, web, social, experiential, consumer products, etc. Manage design professionals, freelance writers/producers and foster a culture of brand design-led thinking to enable the Workshop to reach its business goals.
- Develop vibrant visual identities for the Workshop and new properties across major consumer touchpoints for multiple audiences: trade, families, kids, and fans
- Lead brand Creative for digital, video, print, and events
- Partner with Brand Marketing to inspire and elevate storytelling solutions for all video/promo, partnerships, digital and social media channels.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, Media & Education and Social Impact & Philanthropy to elevate creative from distribution partners (HBO, PBS), sponsors, name & likeness campaigns, advocacy work etc.
- Lead cross-functional team for consumer engagement, brand design strategy, and production for marketing campaigns on all platforms, including and toolkits, image campaigns, show opens and packages, experiential branding, key art and print and more
- Oversee video and photography shoots for promo, sizzles, show opens, key art, consumer products and other projects.
- Direct and collaborate with production, photographers, illustrators, retouch artists and printers
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Production to inform schedules, team assignments and project deliverables
- Build and maintain effective relationships with partners across the department and organization
- Stay current and up-to-date with new design trends, techniques and processes; seek out and recommend new best practices; drive creative design evolution and innovation
- Foster an inclusive environment that encourages intelligent risk-taking, innovation and creative excellence. Provide clear goals, support and actionable feedback for team growth
- Oversee external creative agencies and outside vendors as needed
- Act as a brand steward to stakeholders both internal and external
- 15+ years of brand creative experience with management role at branding agency, entertainment brand or with a consumer/educational brand.
- Expertise driving brand promotion with media partners (HBO/ PBS/ IBM/ Hasbro/ Apple/ Netflix/ Sea World, etc).
- Sophisticated leader, storyteller to inspire strong to deliver on our mission to help kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder.
- A rigorous operational executive with a bold and innovative aesthetic- this person will be seen as an impactful leader, a thought partner with a commitment to creative and products that deliver engaging user experience
- Deep experience brand creative cross-platform expertise: digital, motion, print and experience
- Excellent creative leadership and management to inspire and motivate team
- Highly collaborative leader and team player with talent for influencing cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to build relationships and navigate change
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Possess a passion for media, entertainment and social impact
- Proven experience completing cross-functional complex creative projects
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, InDesign)
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfortable working in a changing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity