Internal Application: Spring/Summer 2019 - International Social Impact Intern
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire an International Social Impact Intern. The position involves working with the production and education teams to develop and implement asset management processes and workflows for physical and audio/visual assets. This will involve communicating with various individuals within and outside the department.
Please Note: Intern will be expected to work 2 – 3 days a week. Start date is between May 1 and June 1 dependent on selected candidate’s availability.
Responsibilities may include:
- Evaluate current archive needs and help to develop and implement improved systems
- Organize and inventory physical print assets and establish workflow for future assets
- Collect and tag audio/video deliverables within Sesame’s digital asset management system
- Create and update asset charts
- Organize digital document storage and establish file structure, naming conventions as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Anticipated Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Library Science or related asset management field
- Unparalleled organization and a real flair for charts and databases
- Ability to work independently but also communicate ideas and recommendations effectively
- Familiarity with audio/visual assets (tape, file types, technical specifications)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel spreadsheets
- Interest in children’s media and/or international development a plus
This is a part-time, paid internship and applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Department Overview: International Social Impact is a division of the Social Impact and Philanthropy department that is responsible for growing Sesame Workshop’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through coalitions of local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners. International Impact must strategically connect and synchronize Sesame’s global networks at the regional and country level and align content development with global development goals and global themes.