Spring 2023 - Production Intern
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Internship | From $18.00 to $18.00 per hour
Sesame Street Live Action Production is looking for TV/Film/Video Production and Communication majors for our search for a Spring 2023 Production Intern. We are looking for a proactive, driven, problem-solving intern who is passionate about children’s media and interested in learning about all aspects of production.
Please Note: List your work availability dates and days of the week in your cover letter. Please include available start date your cover letter. Must be available either Wednesday or Thursday in-person. Up to 21 hours a week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Live Action Department (including Series Production, Social Impact Production, Digital, Talent, Post, and Films teams) with administrative tasks and production support.
- Set up meetings and events as directed—participating in production meetings, writer’s meetings, producer’s collective meetings, and more throughout the semester.
- Observe both creative and management aspects of production to gain a better understanding of how Sesame Street content is produced domestically.
- Potential to assist and observe Sesame Digital / Social Impact Shoots in the internal studio.
- Complete research projects as requested.
- Work with Production staff on special projects as requested.
- Must be currently pursuing a degree as a TV/Film/Video Production or Communication major and be enrolled as either a Junior or Senior.
- This position requires both in-person office and remote work. Must be available either Wednesday or Thursday in-person. Remote schedule is flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Familiarity with Final Draft preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow-through on assignments.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely self-motivated and flexible.
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Candidates with an interest in children’s media are highly encouraged to apply.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity