Spring 2018 Strategic Communications Internship
Corporate Communications | New York, NY | Internship
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Sesame Street Strategic Communications is looking for Communications/Public Relations majors for the Strategic Communications spring internship. We are looking for proactive, driven, problem solving interns that are interested in learning about all aspects public relations and strategic communications.
General Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Answer viewer mail
- Organize press clippings
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Generate talent packets including travel itineraries, schedules and agendas
- Book travel arrangements
- Manage press lists through Cision Point
- Assist with press events and character appearances whenever possible
- Assist with the shipment of press mailings and general packages
- Answer phone lines for department executives as needed
- Process invoices, contracts and talent payments
Works Directly With:
- Special Events
- US & Global Social Impact
- Production Management
- Sesame Street Domestic
- Marketing and Creative Services
- US & International Media Business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook is a plus
- Experience with Cision Point is a plus
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Confident: Possesses and exhibits a level of confidence, but is able to take direction and criticism professionally while communicating efficiently.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
- Enthusiastic: Enthusiastic and highly energetic ensuring a willingness to learn and creating a positive work environment.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as needs develop.
- Hospitality: Displays a positive attitude with a will to do whatever it takes to get a job done – big or small. Takes time to put pride into work, even in the details of small jobs.
- Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment. Works on personal and professional growth with hopes of inspiring and encouraging growth in others.
Please Note: Applicants must be currently enrolled in College or University.
All years are welcome to apply, Juniors and Seniors are preferred.