Spring 2018 Production Internship
Sesame Street Production | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Street Domestic Production is looking for a Production intern. We are looking for TV/Film/Video Production and Communication majors for the Spring 2018 Semester. We are looking for proactive, driven, problem-solving interns that are interested in learning about all aspects of production.
Intern Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Answer Production phone lines
- Assist in Sesame Street Digital Shoots in Studio 3A, including set up of equipment, script notes taking, and observing the production process in a green screen and blue screen setting.
- Assist Script Department with script distributions and with the script revision process, including verbatim script screenings and final draft entry.
- Complete daily downtime tasks and long-term projects as assigned
- Complete daily pick-ups and drop-offs with mailroom
- Complete research projects as requested
- Develop and publish an internal production monthly newsletter
- Meeting and event set ups as directed-participating in production meetings, writer’s meetings and content reviews throughout the semester.
- Observe both creative and management aspects of production to gain a better understanding of how a Sesame Street episode is produced domestically
- Production and office runs as directed
- Responsible for giving Sesame Street Set Tours to Make A Wish, auction winners, clients, and guests of cast/crew when in Production
- Support asset management needs
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Help Sesame Workshop staff as directed
- Sit in on the Sesame Street post-production process, observing editors as they edit the show, and producers as they review edits and give notes.
- Work alongside the Sesame Street Film department participating in pitch reviews, and the production process by attending weekly meetings.
Works Directly With:
- Production Management
- SST Production
- Creative Development
- Home Video and Outreach
- Final Cut, Premiere
- Final Draft
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Computer Literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiar with Final Cut, Final Draft, and Photoshop is a plus.
- Confident: Possesses and exhibits a level of confidence, but is able to take direction and criticism professionally while communicating efficiently.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
- Enthusiastic: Enthusiastic and highly energetic ensuring a willingness to learn and creating a positive work environment.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as production needs develop.
- Hospitality: Displays a positive attitude with a will to do whatever it takes to get a job done – big or small. Takes time to put pride into work, even in the details of small jobs.
- Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment. Works on personal and professional growth with hopes of inspiring and encouraging growth in others.
- TV/Film/Video and Communication Production Majors: Students who are currently enrolled in a TV/Film/Video Production or Communication major.
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.