Spring 2018 - Creative Development Internship
Creative Development | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is looking for current students for the Spring 2018 Creative Development Internship. We are looking for proactive, driven, problem solving interns that are interested in learning about the development process.
Intern Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Review and provide coverage on pitch submissions to Sesame Workshop
- Provide research as directed on industry trends
- Manage and maintain database of writers, artists, and creators
- Observe the development process of content for Sesame Workshop
- Complete daily downtime tasks and long term projects as assigned
- Support Creative Development Department
- Help Sesame Workshop Staff as directed
Works Directly With:
- Creative Development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Critical Position Behaviors:
- Computer Literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Confident: Possesses and exhibits a level of confidence, but is able to take direction and criticism professionally while communicating efficiently.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to work efficiently and effectively. Ability to keep self and space organized.
- Enthusiastic: Enthusiastic and highly energetic ensuring a willingness to learn and creating a positive work environment.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups as production needs develop.
- Hospitality: Displays a positive attitude with a will to do whatever it takes to get a job done – big or small. Takes time to put pride into work, even in the details of small jobs.
- Initiative: Proactive attitude that focuses on creating ideas and plans for correcting issues or handling daily tasks. Uses resources well and creates projects to use downtime productively.
- Results Oriented: Ability to achieve results and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Must thrive in a collaborative environment. Works on personal and professional growth with hopes of inspiring and encouraging growth in others.
Please Note: Applicants must be currently enrolled in College or University.
All years are welcome to apply, Juniors and Seniors are preferred.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Hours per Week: 21-35 • Wage/ Salary: $13 hourly
You will need to provide a resume and cover letter which outlines your goals for an internship. Hours are flexible and depend on the student’s class schedule, course requirements (if applicable) and availability.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sesame Workshop is Drug‐Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
At the Employer’s discretion, employment is contingent upon passing a post offer background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.