Special Events Administrative Assistant
Special Events | New York, NY | Contract and Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Administrative Assistant for the Public Affairs & Special Events Department. This is a temporary position slated to end June 28, 2019.
The position would primarily report to the VP, Public Affairs & Special Events and support Events department staff with overall planning, coordinating, and administrative needs to execute events.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist with daily operations supporting the Events Department in organizing small & large-scale events, Sesame Street character appearances and domestic character “walkaround” appearances.
- Coordinate AV, travel arrangements, prepare travel packets, briefings, and meeting agendas as directed for speakers, talent and presenters;
- Administrative support such as answering phones, handling correspondence, facilitating invoice /payments /contracts;
- Manage file inventory, assist with filing emails, documents, presentations, videos etc.;
- Assist with shipments and scheduling messenger deliveries as needed for engagements;
- Create expense reports, coordinate speaker/event binders and briefing documents;
- Research venues, hotels, restaurants and travel options as needed;
- Provide additional administrative and onsite support for corporate & special events whenever possible;
- Assisting event staff with set-up of catering and supplies for meetings;
- Walkarounds: review and approve incoming requests, coordinate travel for handler and WA talent, secure handlers and performers, coordinate shipping of costumes and manage budgets.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience in event planning, office administration, conference planning or production is helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be proactive and able to work independently as well as contribute to a strong team.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
5 days per week (35 hrs/wk minimum) and available to work occasional events evenings and weekends as needed.