Social Media Manager
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager will implement social media strategy and handle day-to-day operations and community management for our active social platforms. Reporting to the Director of Social Media, they will play an important role on our Audience Development team. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented individual with a passion for social media, pop culture and current media trends, children’s entertainment, and Sesame Workshop’s mission to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Who You Are:
- You are active on social platforms and deeply understand social culture and the role of branded content. You can explain how each platform is different from the others. You can easily produce clever, short social copy and relevant hashtags.
- You have a deep understanding of social media communities and actively participate in them. You have thoughts on the best meme accounts, YouTube channels, tweets, and TikTok challenges, and are always looking out for the next big trend.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do.
- You are confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction but aren’t afraid to speak up when it comes to your areas of expertise.
- You are resourceful and can leverage your knowledge and critical thinking to adapt and find new solutions to problems.
- You are devoted to upholding the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in your work, the content you create, and the way you approach the world. You are committed to going the extra mile to making sure that any work that speaks to the experiences of these communities is accurate, well-researched, and peer reviewed.
- Execute day-to-day social media strategy, content and campaigns across social platforms
- Schedule social media posts for owned social accounts, and post natively as needed
- Support ongoing development of social content calendars across accounts and platforms
- Collaborate with Brand Creative to develop innovative concepts for native social content
- Translate cross-team social media requests into effective briefs and rollout plans
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media accounts, platforms, and regions
- Keep the team up-to-date on best practices, trends, and updates for priority social platforms
- Optimize social content for performance on all platforms, including updating metadata, applying annotations, and creating/selecting compelling thumbnails for content
- Own community management across all social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others), including real-time event coverage (e.g. live broadcasts), engaging with followers, partners, and influencers on both owned and earned social content
- Monitor and moderate social media conversations on priority social platforms, including content from talent, celebrities, and key influencers who are talking about the brand
- Share community feedback and identify potential issues that should be escalated to stakeholders
- Analyze social performance, building weekly/monthly reports and presenting them to the team
- 3-5 years of social media management or related audience-centered marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, journalism, communication, or similar
- Active and engaged participant in social media
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of current social media trends, behaviors, and innovations
- Solid understanding of digital content, communication, and marketing principles
- Photo/Video editing experience—basic design capabilities for social media a plus
- Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to think both creative and strategically, and develop fresh, executable ideas that support key objectives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage and execute multiple ongoing projects
- Complete familiarity with MS Office Suite
- An independent work ethic and drive and know when to escalate to higher-ups
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively with consumers (in various tones of voice), in-house stakeholders and outside vendors
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity