Social Media Analyst
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Part Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Social Media Analyst. The Social Media Analyst will be a vital member of Sesame Workshop’s growing Audience Development team. The Analyst will utilize all available data from social media channels, social listening tools, and our proprietary data lake to regularly surface relevant and actionable insights. This position will be part time (25 hrs/week).
Through ongoing analysis of campaigns, content verticals, and the growth and engagement of our domestic and global social media presence, the Social Media Analyst will support our iterative content strategy.
The Analyst is an insatiably curious individual, excited to investigate the “why” behind post performance and capable of translating their findings into clear, concise, and articulate reports for circulation within the Workshop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing post type and text, category, metadata such as time, date, content subject, and audience data such as gender, age, and location.
- Writing Boolean queries that successfully retrieve conversation data needed to test hypotheses.
- Refining queries to filter out irrelevant signals and identify clean, relevant data sets.
- Manually categorizing posts as needed and reviewing, approving, and correcting algorithmically categorized posts.
- Analyzing owned, earned and partnered content for learnings on success and impact of marketing and social impact campaigns.
- Identifying white space and make recommendations for brand positioning.
- Analyzing the social chatter of audience segments to uncover patterns in consumer language, interests, or behavior.
- Finding emerging patterns within large data sets to discover trends and advise partners on future directions for marketing messages.
- Compiling and presenting complex data and synthesized insights in written form with visualizations in a succinct, compelling manner.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations or similar experience
- Minimum of two years of professional-level experience in a social media role
- 3+ years’ experience with social media analysis
- A deep understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and more.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working social media analytical tools including Facebook Insights and Twitter Insights
- Understanding of taxonomy and common content classification systems
Other Skills And Abilities
- Familiarity with Facebook Insights, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Analytics, Airtable, Hootsuite, and Iconosquare.
- Talkwalker and Tableau experience is highly preferred
- Able to demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy
- Strong sense of urgency
- Well-organized, self-motivated and positive attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity