Social Impact Project Manager, Brand Creative
Creative Services | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop seeks a Social Impact Project Manager to work with our Brand Creative Department. The Social Impact Project Manager is responsible for managing Brand Creative projects of varying size and complexity from initiation, strategy, planning, design, execution, and monitoring, through to completion of a project. Creative Project Manager coordinates project initiation for design and collateral materials, social and digital content, web, video, events & environment branding.
Position Profile & Responsibilities:
• Working closely with the Social Impact, act as the liaison between primary stakeholders and creative, marketing and digital teams for a wide variety of initiatives for print and interactive
• Act as ambassador for the Creative Services team, upholding the branding and graphic standards set forth by the department while seamlessly interfacing between internal partners and external vendors.
• Develop the overall project management strategy for each project: lead kick-off meetings, assist in creative brief development, build timelines and contingencies, negotiate budgets and generate estimates.
• Monitor day-to-day activities of each project, securing input and feedback from internal partners; work closely with various vendors including designers, developers, producers, photographers, writers, exhibitors.
• Assess and define priorities – balancing competing projects, tight deadlines, and stretched resources.
• Manage budgets, prepare contracts, track invoices, and monitor project costs.
• Print/Web/Video Production: ensure quality production and delivery of material are on-time and within budget.
• Manage the workflow/priorities for the creative team. Work closely with production to ensure all expressions of Sesame Workshop reflect creative standards and capture the Workshop’s unique personality and effectively meet upon agreed goals.
• Work with stakeholders on processes and navigate approvals
- 8+ years of Account Services / Project Management experience, managing strategic branding and creative projects from concept to completion
- Strong knowledge of print production and working with vendors to develop multiple estimates
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence others, balancing competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office 365 programs, Sharepoint, or Creative Workflow tools. Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint a plus
- Ability to understand and deliver upon branding and style guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, interacting with senior executives and creative teams alike
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design, photography, video, print and/or graphic production workflow required.
- Quick and flexible problem solver, estimating design and production project costs and schedules
- Supports Marketing and Creative Lead as required. Conducts post-completion reviews on key projects.
About Sesame Workshop: Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled