Senior Vice President, Marketing & Brand Management
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop seeks a strategic and collaborative Senior Vice President, Marketing & Brand Management to lead a multi-disciplinary team to connect with and engage the Workshop’s audiences.
The SVP, Marketing & Brand Management will drive the marketing of its key initiatives and help build the image of the organization and its brands to reflect the Organization’s vision and direction as a vital Global educational media organization and an important nonprofit organization worthy of support. This position will dual report to COO/President, Media & Education and President, Global Impact & Philanthropy.
- The Executive will be responsible for overseeing the short-term and long-term development and execution of cross-business marketing plans, franchise management and brand positioning of the Workshop and its key properties and initiatives as well as the specific marketing activities in support of those properties and initiatives.
- Design roadmaps for brand expansion and clarity with integrity and vision that includes our origins and grows audience reach for Sesame Street
- Will work closely with internal and external partners to shape how the various marketing disciplines can advance organizational and business goals and achieve optimal return on research, creative and promotional investments
- Work externally to elevate the Workshop’s mission-driven brand, identity as a global nonprofit organization and that of its properties
- Drive the marketing for Sesame Workshop, Sesame Street, new brands/properties, and key inititatives
- Oversee long-term development and execution of Sesame Street franchise plans as well as new properties
- Work with the Organization’s corporate and philanthropic partners, such as HBO, PBS, Apple, Hasbro, IRC, PNC
- Support the Marketing needs of all Sesame Workshop’s core activities including TV shows, Digital Video, Consumer Products, Themed Entertainment, Digital Offerings/Services, Formal Education, and the Global Social Impact work
- In conjunction with research, provide senior management, and internal partners with insights about audiences, brand strength and competitive performance in the US and select international offices
- Develop and execute consumer communications to drive interest in Sesame Workshop content furthering audience growth and engagement goals; develop marketing communications to generate support for the mission driven work among prospective partners/funders and influencers
- Work with Creative Services to develop sales materials to promote the strength and value of the brands to existing and prospective partners; oversee long-term development and execution of Sesame Street franchise plans as well as new properties
- Help organize and support key annual partner event, such as the annual gala and partner summit; focus on US while driving Global positioning efforts, and supporting International country specific efforts
The ideal candidate should possess most, if not all, of the following skills and attributes:
- A mission driven executive with commercial sensibilities and demonstrated marketing experience, ideally with consumer driven for-profit and/or non-profit organizations with high brand recognition
- Demonstrated expertise in brand strategy, franchise management, social media and e-mail marketing
- Proven track record of building a path for new content opportunities across multiple lines of business
- Previous successful experience managing consumer brands, and promotional partner development and management
- Superior knowledge of translating research insights into marketing and messaging strategies as well as to ability use qualitative and quantitative research to initiate, shape and inform key initiatives
- Must be familiar with managing a corporate website, brand positioning, and serving broad array of constituents which range from kids, individual donors, philanthropic and corporate partners, consumers, and social media channels
- Ability to determine and communicate the organization’s strategic direction and vision and describe these in a clear, engaging and exciting way, enabling team members to understand how it affects their job
- Abilty to see long term business implications and marketing’s role relative to big picture issues.
- A results driven, collaborative leader with demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- The ideal candidates must have an affinity for philanthropic work and making a difference for kids
- Expertise in Media and Kids preferred
- An undergraduate degree is required, MBA or degree in Marketing-related field is preferred.