Senior Manager, Email Marketing
Audience Development | New York, NY | Full Time | From $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is looking for a smart and self-motivated Senior Manager, Email Marketing to strategize and develop email campaigns designed to drive audience growth, donor growth, and engagement. This individual will help shape our email marketing program through testing, application of channel best practices, and creative innovation.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience growing email newsletter and messaging programs as measured by an increase in subscribers, email engagement, and donations, and other revenue tied to a newsletter. Additionally, they will have experience creating automated email campaigns based on user behavior and expressed preferences. This role will report to the Director of Web Strategy and Email Marketing.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve editorial excellence across our newsletter products with a focus on developing compelling content that drives conversion
- Own the campaign development process from creation through deployment (e.g. content planning and development, build, QA, deployment, and analysis).
- Ideate, lead and implement a/b tests to grow audience, donors, and engagement, fostering a test & learn culture
- Own post-campaign analysis by measuring and establishing KPIs, describe trends through weekly/monthly/ad-hoc reporting of results, sharing key insights to stakeholders
- Work with internal and external resources to come up with impactful, engaging copy and visuals
- Experience in building targeted segments and campaigns to better communicate with subscribers via personalization tactics, working closely with Salesforce administrator
- Lead ESP administrator and database manager, maintain list hygiene, work closely with Salesforce administrator. Provide training and create process docs with stakeholders as needed.
- Manage and maintain subscription pages
- Experience with web form creation and events list management
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Prefer 3+ years of email marketing
- Experience in non-profit fundraising required
- Experience with Marketing Cloud and/or similar marketing automation software
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM
- Expert knowledge in email best practices (creative, templates, content calendar, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, etc), serving as the channel ambassador for the company
- Understanding of deliverability, CAN-SPAM, GDPR compliant practices
- Data-oriented, able to interpret metrics and large data-sets and make decisions based on analysis
- Extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, self-directed work style
- Ability to make sound recommendations and clearly and persuasively represent a point of view to lay audiences with various levels of email marketing knowledge
- Experience working with stakeholders and designers to create or iterate email templates based on brand guidelines and email best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of acquisition experience
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS coding
- Understanding of web analytics, google analytics
- Entrepreneurship, desire to innovate and create
- Photoshop or other design software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity