Senior Director, Strategy
Strategic Planning | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Senior Director of Strategy to join the Strategy and Ventures department.
The Strategy Team is responsible for providing strategic advice and consulting services to Sesame’s Senior Leadership and the organization’s internal business units, which include the Media & Education and Social Impact & Philanthropy, teams. In this role, the team leverages qualitative and quantitative analysis to tackle strategic and high-priority questions across the organization and works closely with senior leaders to facilitate decision-making. The team also supports the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to prepare impactful presentations and discussion documents for high-priority audiences (e.g., Board of Trustees), and to drive organization-wide processes (e.g., Sesame’s annual goal-setting process). The Senior Director will be a leader within the Strategy team.
- Leading multiple strategy projects, including scoping and structuring complex questions, identifying issues and formulating hypotheses, conducting analysis, synthesizing findings in slide decks, and presenting work and recommendations to internal business teams and leadership
- Building relationships with and providing thought partnership to business unit leaders across the organization
- Leading the development of high-impact presentations for Sesame’s Board of Trustees and other high-priority audiences
- Structuring and implementing high-priority, organization-wide processes (e.g., goal-setting, defining and tracking organizational performance metrics)
- Supporting the professional development of more junior Strategy team members, including managing day-to-day work on projects and providing coaching and mentorship
- Bachelors degree or similar experience
- 8+ years of work experience, ideally including at least 4 years of consulting or strategy experience and at least 2 years of experience leading consulting projects
- Proven ability to take charge of structuring complex – and sometimes ambiguous – projects and questions, generating hypotheses, identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analyses, developing a coherent point of view, and presenting findings to team members and stakeholders in a manner that enables effective decision making
- Track record of effectively managing, inspiring, and coaching high-performing team members
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, including experience with financial analysis and modeling, market and competitive analysis, and stakeholder interviews
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing (particularly in PowerPoint decks), to a range of audiences
- Strong presentation skills and experience facilitating meetings and decision making among senior leaders
- Track record of building strong relationships and working collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels in the organization, including senior leadership
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, and the ability to deliver on multiple concurrent projects and priorities
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity