Senior Director, New Business Development & Distribution
International Media Business | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Director, New Business Development & Distribution. The Strategic Partnerships department is responsible for Themed Entertainment, Live Events, Podcasts, Sponsorships, and New Business Partnerships to support Sesame Workshop business and mission globally.
Reporting to the VP, this dynamic, commercially focused newly created role will oversee Business Development for the Media and Education division. The role will be responsible for identifying new commercial partnerships across various existing business areas such as sponsorship, media distribution Live Events, Location Based Entertainment, Consumer Products and Education.
Importantly, this position will also work with the VP to lead business development into new commercial sectors with the potential to drive long-term sustainable revenues for the organization. The right candidate will discuss and give insight on where the company should focus future opportunities.
Lead global business development efforts, working with Global VPs and International General Managers to develop market-specific new business strategies in the US and worldwide.
Identify, analyze, structure and pitch new partnerships to Sr. Management in support of overall organizational growth objectives. Run financial modeling, actively negotiate deals, and oversee new business partnerships as appropriate. Cultivate relationships across multiple industry sectors, keeping the organization well informed of new trends with potential business opportunities. Coordinate strategic, financial and legal due diligence, and track results of new ventures.
- Identify new, incremental growth areas for Sesame Workshop, leading those initiatives in coordination with regional MDs and local teams
- Look for new trends & business opportunities on a global basis
- Manage special projects, financial modeling and presentations
- Oversee partner management, maximizing Sesame’s brand awareness and revenue
- Maintain up-to-date, in-depth understanding of market trends and players, continually assessing business models and best practices
- Support day-to-day operations, reporting, and cross-organizational coordination as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; MA/MBA preferred
- Seasoned negotiator with 10+ years new business development experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive year on year revenue and reach growth for media properties
- Experience doing financial modeling
- Proven track record of exceptional partner and relationship management skills
- Strategic thinker, extremely organized and disciplined, while also a tactical executor
- Proficient in all areas of media including Free and Pay Linear TV, S/AVOD, OTT, mobile, social media, wireless carriers/aggregators, device manufacturers, etc.
- Well-established personal network of contacts throughout the media industry
- Excellent presentation skills for client-facing sales and internal management reporting
- Available to travel 20% of the time when appropriate to travel
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, with the ability to drive consensus building and influence colleagues and partners
- Sensibility to balance Sesame’s mission to ‘Help Kids Grow Smarter, Stronger and Kinder,’ with the need for sustainable and responsible commercial growth
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity