Senior Content Manager
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for Senior Content Manager for the Sesame Street US Social Impact team. The Senior Content Manager will support the content development and delivery of U.S. Social Impact initiatives, with a special emphasis on professional development. She/He will be responsible for developing and writing content for initiatives. He/She will also be responsible for conducting multimedia and high-touch training opportunities for communities across the US and coordinate the effectiveness of those efforts with our partnership and research teams.
Summary of Duties
Develop and create content:
- Identify and recommend national experts familiar with at-risk children, education, child development, parenting, health and other high need areas to contribute to the development and distribution of initiatives.
- Execute searches and develop briefs identifying critical needs of children.
- Clearly synthesize key messages, learning objectives, and the educational approaches from advisor and research to build a comprehensive curriculum for specific initiatives.
- Conceive and write age-appropriate educational content targeting children, birth to early school-age as well as parents, caregivers, and educators.
- Facilitate communication for content review across Sesame Workshop departments and with outside experts or advisors. Ability to condense review comments into one document and communicate commentaries/recommendations effectively to large groups of individuals.
- Manage content delivery on multiple platforms targeting children, families, and other caregivers in underserved communities. Liaison with writers, freelance copyeditors, and proofreaders.
- Review and comment on multiple media including but not limited to online, scripts, rough cuts, print and how they may be reflected across multiple media platforms.
Design and execute multimedia trainings:
- Engage in facilitating the development of resources such as training, webinars, e-learning, and other means of direct community service focusing on early childhood, literacy, parenting, health, and other relevant content areas.
- Manage conference presentations by developing and submitting proposals, developing training curriculum, creating presentation materials, managing travel arrangements, registration, use of audio and visual equipment, expense reports, etc.
- Track the effectiveness of the professional development tasks as they relate to the overall goals of the project. Maintain and communicate records describing audiences, partnering organizations, and other impact details. Work with Research and Partnership team to report lessons learned.
- Master’s Degree in Child Development and Education or Multiple Media Content Design.
- Experience in working with children, community outreach.
- Strong curriculum and content writing experience.
- Creative thinker who can link and develop content in unique ways.
- Experience with the creation and execution of multimedia professional development.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Great flexibility and able to handle multi-tasks, work well under pressure and deadlines, prioritize.
- Ability to travel (domestically) about 20% of the time.