Quality Assurance Engineer
Information Technology | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Digital Media Engineering team. The QA Engineer will work with digital product owners, developers, and engineers to ensure the end-to-end quality of digital products, which range from websites to apps and more. The Digital Media Engineering (DME) group, part of the Technology and Engineering department, provides support for our diverse media experiences across the world.
The right candidate should be detail oriented and help to improve the reliability, security, and cost effectiveness of our products.
Please note: This is a full time (35 hrs/week) remote role. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Create test criteria based on user requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Manage QA coverage of multiple digital projects
- Collaborate with producers, engineering, and 3rd parties to foster test-driven practices.
- Planning/organizing necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues, helping with triaging bugs and driving issues to resolutions and keeping everyone aware of QA status
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated, performance, stress, and regression tests on a distributed system
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain automation frameworks and tools that can be used by both QA and Development
- Help define, improve, and implement QA standard methodologies
- Collect and analyze test metrics, summarize test data, and make recommendations based upon findings
- Development and implementation of automated testing solutions in CICD pipelines across multiple enterprise projects
- Be a champion for good QA processes within an agile setting
- Understanding of children’s digital products
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing frameworks for CICD setups (Karma, Selenium, etc.)
- Version Control (Git, Github, Stash, Bitbucket, or anything similar)
- Experience using bug trackers (Jira, Trac, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience in testing PHP based CMS
- Experience in testing analytics instrumentation and integration with analytics software
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience as QA Analyst, Test Engineer, or QA Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and client service skills at all functional levels
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and social impact, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity