Project Manager, Media
Production | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a detail-oriented Project Manager (PM) with excellent communication skills for its organization-wide initiative, Coming Together. This role is responsible for guiding the planning, developing, and managing against a “master” schedule, budget management, and the day-to-day oversight of a project that connects multiple departments and workstreams. The right candidate will help ensure that the initiative and associated deliverables remain on time and within budget. The Project Manager also helps plan for and designates project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keeps stakeholders informed during the entire process. Just as importantly, the PM anticipates issues and brings them to the attention of selected stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a Project Management certification or similar plus no less than 5 years working in media. Children's media experience is a plus.
Please note: This is a temporary project that is slated to run until June 2022 with a possible extension.
- Utilizes industry best practices, techniques, and standards associated with project management throughout entire project execution, including any needed media file distribution, archiving, tagging, etc.
- Collaboratively work within and across internal departments and stakeholders associated with the Coming Together Media initiative.
- Manages any external vendor relationships.
- Determines and defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops and manages a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Provides project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about resource management, scope and any needed adjustments, and progress.
- Anticipates resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Helps prepare a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements.
- Tracks project costs in order to meet the budget.
- Develops and manages contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Monitors progress and adjust as needed and as approved.
- Measures project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Communicates project updates and tasks to internal stakeholders.
- Administers all project management tools as outlined by Sesame Workshop, such as AirTable and Excel.
- Manages related project tasks that are required for the successful delivery of project goals.
- 5 years of project management and related experience in Media
- Project Management certification preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and file-sharing such as Media Silo, Frame.io, or similar, highly preferred
- Deadline-oriented project management skills and capabilities
- Ability to manage people and projects deliverables and expectations across a matrix organization
- Vendor relationship management
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Knowledge of digital asset management systems and best practices for metadata and production management needs.
- Knowledge of workflow integration for content programming, management, distribution, updates, tagging for multiple platforms etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity