Project Director, US Social Impact
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Project Director, US Social Impact (USSI). The US Social Impact department designs and implements philanthropically funded social impact initiatives that support our mission of helping children to be smarter, stronger, and kinder. The Project Director is responsible for overall management of US Social Impact initiatives, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget, on brand and achieve their impact goals. The Director manages members of the project team, oversees project delivery, timelines, and budget, and contributes to reporting, monitoring and evaluation of impact.
The Director thinks strategically about how to deepen and expand our impact, leading our partnerships work to ensure USSI content reaches the children who need it most. The Director strategically collaborates with and problem solves across the team of USSI project managers and other Sesame Workshop departments. This position requires an individual with knowledge of project management, effective communication skills, and the ability to build the internal and external relationships required to keep projects on track.
- Lead key USSI initiatives including timelines, budget, and project team, to fulfill proposal key performance indicators and achieve USSI priorities
- Coordinate with Sesame Workshop departments including production, marketing and communications, creative design, events, and research to align organizational efforts to outcomes and ensure delivery on time and on budget
- Lead budget management from proposal to execution by creating budgets, monitoring cost reports, and aligning with internal Sesame Workshop stakeholders on spend and invoicing
- Proactively identify budget trends and problem-solving across the USSI portfolio of projects
Partnerships & Scaling
- Develop new partnerships and provide ongoing relationship management to existing implementation partners across various USSI initiatives
- Partner with USSI content team to plan implementation strategy for new and existing initiatives, including through partnerships, social media, PR launches, etc.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and scaling of USSI initiatives including Sesame Street in Communities, Autism and Military pillars
- Implement tools or systems to enhance collaboration and coordination across USSI projects
- Manage Project Manager or other project-related staff, ensuring staff grow and develop and meet their performance goals
- 6+ years of professional experience working on project management in social impact, early childhood development, or other related fields
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple ongoing projects and ensure timely delivery
- Flexible thinker who can proactively identify and creatively solve challenges to keep projects on track
- Excellent interpersonal skills to navigate cross-functional departments to achieve alignment around goals
- Knowledge of work plans, budgets, timelines, communication tools, and key performance indicators
- Experience with project management software such as Adobe WorkFront or similar tools
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written and oral presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT
- Proficiency in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc.).
- Ability to travel domestically when travel and safety restrictions are lifted
Sesame Workshop’s U.S. Social Impact department develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that service our nation’s vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop’s mission the department creates innovative initiatives and accompanying resources to enrich family engagement and build children’s development in early learning basics, health and well-being, resiliency, and racial justice skills.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and social impact, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity