Internal Application: Project Coordinator - Military
US Social Impact | New York, NY | Contract
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Project Coordinator. Please note: This position is temporary role for 6-9 months contract with possible extension. We are looking to hire a person who is passionate and interested in children’s media, implementation, project management, and outreach. This person must have extensive time management and organizational skills. He/she should show leadership potential, drive to learn more, and be an enthusiastic team player. Demonstrates initiative to take on new projects and solve problems.
- Draft and manage program assets, including presentations, fact sheets, internal and external reports, concept notes, and executive briefings
- Help to develop and manage work plans and timelines, including tracking deliverables
- Offer management support for other USSI projects as needed as well as general office assistance within the department.
Marketing & Social Media
- Assist with the development and maintenance of social media campaigns for Sesame Street in Military Families, including paid ads and boosted posts
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of an editorial calendar for social media posts relating to the promotions, ad buys, and themes for the month
- Manage social media partners by ensuring that we are sharing their materials and they are supporting our work.
- Assist with the creation of partner toolkits and coordinate with partners to cross-promote social media campaigns related to their partnership with SS4MF
- Work with USSI team to promote upcoming community launches, webinars, courses, and added content as it is created and published
- Assist with the development and management of monthly and quarterly analytics reports for SS4MF; including information about the SS4MF website, partner activities,, resource distribution, as well as marketing & communication efforts
Community Engagement & Distribution
- Assist with facilitating communications, press and marketing plans with partners or networks to increase the execution and visibility of SS4MF
- Correspond with partners regarding upcoming activities, marketing, and events to ensure they have all materials needed from the SS4MF team
- Attend monthly/quarterly calls with partners as needed to learn about on action plan progress
- Manage military and veteran inboxes to communicate with providers and connect them with resources and trainings
- Militray-connected and/or experience working with military families
- B.A./B.S. College Degree required. Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience working in community outreach, social impact, project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PPT
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc.)
- Extremely self-motivated and initiative-driven
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through with long-term assignments
- Strong communication skills, especially in writing and by phone
- Attention to detail and exhibit time management skills, including prioritizing, juggling multiple assignments, and meeting deadlines.
- Commitment to Sesame Workshop’s mission and core values
Desirable, but not required:
- Experience/proficiency in Photoshop or similar design program helpful
- Academic or professional experience in early childhood and primary school education.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity