Internal Application: Project Coordinator - International Social Impact
International Social Impact | Hybrid in New York, NY | Full Time | From $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
The Coordinator will work with a small team in the International Social Impact department to oversee a portfolio of projects managed in coordination between New York and our 3 Country Offices. The Coordinator will manage various activities in support of ongoing project management including scheduling, meeting planning, project compliance tracking, and travel coordination as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is flexible, proactive, and highly organized. To succeed in this role, the candidate must be skilled in simultaneously managing multiple tasks and discrete work streams, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail, and should possess the ability to anticipate issues and problems in advance and propose potential solutions. Critical to the success of this position is the development of positive working relationships, particularly in liaising with Project Managers and functional project team members.
The Coordinator reports to the Director, International Social Impact and works closely with the project management and technical teams.
This is a regular, full-time position based at our headquarters office in New York City with a hybrid work environment to include designated in-office days determined by the functional nature of the role.
Please Note: The stated hourly/salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
Support the team in the ongoing management of our portfolio of projects including:
- Support Project Managers in the construction of detailed workplans and serve as a backstop through implementation cycles, maintaining knowledge of schedules, scope, budget, and risk mitigation strategies
- Schedule and participate in project meetings/calls when requested, document meeting action points, decisions, and next steps, and share with the appropriate stakeholders
- Support Project Managers in creating and managing project procurement trackers based on existing templates
- Process and monitor contracts and payments as needed in a contract database; Coordinate with Legal and Finance departments for contract and payment preparation and review
- Ensure project activities adhere to Sesame Workshop’s compliance standards, as well as any special funder requirements, liaising with Senior Director of Compliance & Risk Management as needed
- Contribute to process improvement and standardization efforts across projects
- Provide support to VP and Senior Director, ISI
- Actively manage scheduling needs across teams and time zones
- Submit and track Concur requests as required primarily (but not limited to) expense reports related to travel
- Draft communications and presentations for internal and external stakeholders related to the team’s work, as required
- Provide other administrative process and planning support to the team, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Business, Education, Development or relevant field
- 2-years of relevant professional experience in an operations, program coordination, and/or administrative support role ideally in an international non-profit setting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed organization with a sense of urgency
- Experience creating and using organizational tools like Gantt charts and project management software/online tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Poised and professional communicator who can interact with colleagues of various levels
- Self-directed and takes initiative to accomplish goals
- Commitment to Sesame Workshop’s mission and core values
- Globally minded and able to work across multiple cultures and geographies and in a hybrid work environment
- Experience and/or interest in international development, education, or media a plus
Department Overview - International Social Impact
Sesame Workshop’s International Social Impact department develops and implements Sesame’s powerful initiatives to serve children and families around the world. Building upon the familiarity and appeal of the trusted, beloved Sesame Street characters – and their global counterparts – we create and disseminate unique educational resources and tools for families most in need. Sesame’s research-driven initiatives reach many children who would otherwise have little or no access to early childhood education, and support all aspects of children’s development – including healthy habits; cognitive development in areas such as early literacy and math; mutual respect and understanding; and social-emotional well-being and resilience. We reach and engage children ages 3 – 8 and the important adults in their families and communities using multiple media platforms and innovative strategies – from television and radio to digital media, mobile technologies, classroom materials, teacher/provider training, social media, and more.
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. We’re in more than 150 countries, serving children through a wide range of media and philanthropically funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity