US Social Impact | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Project Coordinator. This position supports the AVP and the Project Director in executing specific US Social Impact initiatives.
Please note: this is a temporary role, 30 hours/week max.
Educational Content and Editorial
- Conduct desk research and synthesize information on local educational needs, social development contexts, mass media and digital landscapes, and potential project partners and other stakeholders
- Create short educational activities for SSIC and SS4MF topics.
- Revise and edit educational materials for printing or digital distribution.
- Help develop, with content team, research materials to use for evaluations and formative research efforts.
- Draft and manage program assets, including presentations, fact sheets, internal and external reports, concept notes, and executive briefings
- Help to develop and manage work plans, including tracking deliverables
- Help to develop project monitoring plans and instruments
- Organize and maintain project files
- Assist in coordinating meetings and internal communications as needed
Marketing & Analytics Activities
- Assist with the development and maintenance of social media campaigns for Sesame Street in Military Families, including paid ads and boosted posts.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of an editorial calendar for social media posts relating to the promotions, ad buys, and themes for the month
- Manage social media partners by ensuring that we are sharing their materials and they are supporting our work.
- Assist with the creation of partner toolkits and coordinate with partners to cross-promote social media campaigns related to their partnership with SS4MF
- Manage monthly analytics reports, including information about the SS4MF website, resource distribution, and marketing & communication efforts.
- Provide detailed reports to executive team, digital team, and USSI team for review and comments to continue to tell the story of SSIC.
- Work internally across SW to assist with facilitating SS4MF communications, press, events, and marketing plans with outside partnerships or networks to increase the execution and visibility of SS4MF with national partners
Community Engagement & Distribution
- Manage military and veteran inboxes to communicate with providers and connect them with resources and trainings.
- Assist with partner calls and follow ups with national SS4MF partners
- Assist with coordinating and sustaining SS4MF organizational action plans and identified activities, such as trainings, events, communications, and other undertakings.
- Offer management support for other USSI projects as needed. As well as general office assistance within the entire department (both content and management teams).
- B.A. or B.S. Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of professional experience
- Possess excellent verbal, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately
- Can recognize group needs, and work to achieve solutions for better group communication and organization
Department Overview: Sesame Workshop’s U.S. Social Impact department, in the division of Social Impact and Philanthropy develops and implements philanthropically funded community engagement initiatives that service our nation’s vulnerable children and families. Based on fulfilling Sesame Workshop’s mission the department creates innovative initiatives and accompanying resources to enrich family engagement and build children’s development in early learning basics, health and well-being and resiliency skills to tackle very challenging situations. The department has three pillar priorities:
- Sesame Street in Communities (SSIC) model offers resources and professional development to national and local organizations serving young children and their families, especially those most vulnerable. sesamestreetincommunties.org
- Sesame and Autism: See Amazing in All Children offers innovative resources to help reduce the stigma often surrounding children with autism and highlights how all children share similarities and can celebrate their differences. sesamestreet.org/autism
- Sesame Street for Military Families provides resources that follow the milestones of military life and supports families on how to cope with these transitions. sesamestreetformilitaryfamilies.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled