Program Coordinator, International Social Impact
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop seeks a dynamic, mission-oriented Program Coordinator to join the International Social Impact team in support of our Ahlan Simsim project in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Ahlan Simsim "Welcome Sesame" in Arabic - offers a warm and joyful welcome to early learning and young children across the Middle East, especially those affected by displacement. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating across program areas and grants in addition to supporting the operations and support function teams at HQ in New York as well as Jordan and Iraq.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Program Management for the International Social Impact department and is based in Manhattan in a hybrid work environment of up to 2-3 days per week in the office.
Please note: This is a full-time limited-term position anticipated to end in early 2024, through the duration of the project grant, with a possibility of extension.
- Coordinate program management activities and resources, including schedules, project documentation, financial records, grant compliance, risk management, and policies
- Coordinate working group priority and progress trackers, and identify and inform issues across working groups
- Coordinate work plan updating for Sesame Workshop’s program areas to monitor progress and changes to original plans that would then also inform expense reporting and budgeting
- Assign and track progress on tasks to internal teams
- Support report writing and report compilation
- Coordinate contract management processes for independent contractors, including coordinating with staff hiring managers on scopes of work, and tracking progress and payments
- Support distribution of Ahlan Simsim assets to national broadcasters and content distribution partners
- Perform administrative support functions for the project
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, education, business administration, or relevant field or equivalent experience
- PMP certification or progress towards the certification
- 2 years of experience as a project coordinator or similar role
- Strong organizational, relationship management, and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed project team with a sense of urgency
- Experience creating and using organizational tools like Gantt charts and project management software/online tools
- Experience and/or interest in international development, education, or media
- Ability to travel internationally, if needed (0-10%)
- International and MENA region experience, preferred
- Arabic language skills, preferred
The Ahlan Simsim program provides learning opportunities for children across MENA who are affected by crisis and conflict. The program incorporates activities supported by multiple donors (MacArthur, LEGO, USAID and others). The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to impact the world’s most vulnerable children. In more than 150 countries, we are serving kids through a wide range of media and philanthropically funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. Sesame is a beloved household name in dozens of languages, and it means learning – and fun – in all of them. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity