Products Licensing Coordinator, Hardlines
Products Licensing | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking to hire a Products Licensing Coordinator, Hardlines. The licensing department is responsible for the management of all product licensing deals encompassing product development, creative asset distribution, legal and financial obligations, and general account management. This role provides business support, coordination and will attend line reviews and product development meetings with creative resources and licensees on a regular basis. The right candidate will also be responsible for some creative management of licenses. We are looking for someone who is creative, media and trend-savvy with excellent writing and communication skills. This position will report to the Senior Director, Licensing.
- Process product approval submissions and traffic forms to creative resources and business managers. Manage all the return of all materials to licensees.
- Ensure product development is within contractual rights under management approval and supervision.
- Develop and maintain licensees’ files for all product submissions.
- Inventory creative assets currently with licensees and distribute creative assets as applicable and on an ongoing basis.
- Gather and maintain information for the creation of product development schedules including key milestones in process.
- Create and maintain product bibles for all licensees including line lists, product photos and catalogs.
- Assist in the maintenance of sample stockroom and inventory for all licensees, including archiving of samples. Includes interfacing with licensee on current sample requirements.
- Assist on multiple projects as they become available, prioritizing projects across multiple categories.
- Supports Hardlines team by providing creative management tasks for additional key licensees.
- Assist in requesting, collecting and organizing line lists, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, etc.; Coordinate business reviews, line reviews and product development meetings with licensees and creative resources on a regular basis, and attend when necessary.
- Schedule, conduct and recap recurring business updates with licensees.
- Assist in researching potential new partners and staying apprised of competitive and marketplace trends.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from licensees and organize financial data.
- Assist with the preparation of deal memos and other legal documents as requested.
- Assists in preparing decks, one-sheets and pitches for various internal and external meetings.
- Coordinate materials for trade shows, advertising, events and line reviews.
- Assist with business management tasks for additional key licensees, including but not limited to, licensee performance analysis, minute preparation, deal memo preparation, meeting coordination, etc.
- B.A/B.S College Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of work experience
- Character licensing management experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details with great organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Ability to problem solve
- Computer Proficient: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Internet
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled