Production Coordinator, USAID/Iraq
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop seeks a qualified Production Coordinator to join the New York team on a USAID-funded early childhood education program in Iraq. S/he will be part of the creative team, provide support on all elements of production, and coordinate with various internal teams and international partners through all stages of production.
The Production Coordinator will report to the Senior Director & Supervising Producer (SWNY).
The position is based in New York, NY and applicants must already have U.S. work authorization without a need for visa assistance or sponsorship.
Please note: This position is contingent on grant funding. Once approved, it will be a regular full-time benefits eligible position that will be term limited and conclude in September 2023, with a possibility of extension.
- Support the team through all aspects of the multi-platform creative process, with producers’ oversight and supervision
- Support the creative team in Iraq and SWNY with all production related activities, including liaising with various internal and international teams
- Coordinate all production resources and liaise between teams and departments, as needed
- Coordinate script and rough cut reviews and write team comments/notes and meeting minutes
- Provide overall administrative and production support to the creative team such as:
- Assist with daily operations and logistics
- Review, tag, & log deliverables
- Assist with digital and social media activities
- Track assets and document information for residuals
- Track and follow up on outstanding contracts
- Create presentations, overview documents, graphs, and timelines, as needed
- Arrange meetings, catering services, book shoots, as needed
- Manage travel accommodations and process expense reports for the producers
- Admin support
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with TV/Digital/Film/Media production
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission and interest in children's media and education
- Basic production and post-production experience; editing skills a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and/or Premiere
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong online research skills
- Ability to work across multiple project aspects, tight deadlines and various time zones
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, while prioritizing urgent needs
- Ability to travel internationally if requested, on an as-needed basis
- Arabic and English language required, Kurdish language skills a plus
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
In partnership with USAID/Iraq, over the course of the 3-year activity starting July 1, 2021, SW will implement Ahlan Simsim Iraq. Ahlan Simsim Iraq will leverage Ahlan Simsim’s unique approach that combines locally driven, crisis-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions to increase resilience capacities among children, families and communities impacted by conflict and violence. Using a combination of original multimedia that promotes inclusion and reflects the diversity of Iraqi society, direct services that reduce the vulnerability of children, and youth engagement programming that lays the foundation for self-efficacy and participation, Ahlan Simsim Iraq will help USAID reach its goal to contribute to a stable, sovereign Iraq that is able to respond in a timely and transparent manner to the needs of its citizens.
The overall goal of the project is for families and communities impacted by conflict and violence to create and participate in inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD) opportunities and have increased resilience capacities that help to counter malign influences.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity