Production Coordinator, USAID/Iraq - based in Erbil, Iraq
International Social Impact | Erbil , Iraq | Contract
Sesame Workshop seeks a qualified Production Coordinator for a two-year USAID-funded early education program in Iraq. S/he will provide support to the production and education teams on all elements of production and coordinate with program partner(s), according to the creative direction and program’s objectives.
The Production Coordinator will report to the Local Producer (Iraq) and Senior Director & Supervising Producer (SWNY).
Please note: This position is contingent on grant funding. Once approved, it will be a regular full-time benefits eligible position that will be term limited and conclude in June 2023, with a possibility of extension.
- Engage in all aspects of the production process with local and SWNY Producer’s oversight and supervision
- Research products and media landscapes in specific countries
- Attend script reviews/rough cut reviews and write team comments/notes and meeting minutes
- Review and write show evaluations
- Liaise between departments answering production queries
- Follow up on outstanding contracts
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Provide overall Administrative and Production Support to producers, such as:
- Assist with daily operations and logistics
- Review, Tag, & Log Deliverables
- Document information to calculate residuals
- Manage digital and social media
- Create presentations, overview documents and graphs for meetings
- Arrange meetings, book production and catering services, as needed
- Manage travel accommodations and process expense reports for producers
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience with TV/Digital/Film/Media production
- Strong interest in children's media and education
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong online research skills
- Strong social media skills
- Basic production and post-production experience
- Basic knowledge in production and editing software and tools
- Capacity to work across multiple projects and with various teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and across various time zones
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment
- Native Arabic and operational English language required, Kurdish language skills a plus
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
In partnership with USAID/Iraq, over the course of the 3-year activity starting July 1, 2021, SW will implement Ahlan Simsim Iraq. Ahlan Simsim Iraq will leverage Ahlan Simsim’s unique approach that combines locally driven, crisis-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions to increase resilience capacities among children, families and communities impacted by conflict and violence. Using a combination of original multimedia that promotes inclusion and reflects the diversity of Iraqi society, direct services that reduce the vulnerability of children, and youth engagement programming that lays the foundation for self-efficacy and participation, Ahlan Simsim Iraq will help USAID reach its goal to contribute to a stable, sovereign Iraq that is able to respond in a timely and transparent manner to the needs of its citizens.
The overall goal of the project is for families and communities impacted by conflict and violence to create and participate in inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD) opportunities and have increased resilience capacities that help to counter malign influences.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity