Production Coordinator, Humanitarian Programs - Arabic preferred
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Temporary | From $31.32 to $31.87 per hour
Sesame Workshop is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented Production Coordinator to join the New York creative team in support of our humanitarian initiative to bring early childhood education to Syrian refugees in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria, in partnership with the International Rescue Committee. More information on the program is available at https://www.sesameworkshop.org/what-we-do/refugee-response
The Production Coordinator will be tasked with supporting the creative team, provide support on all elements of production, and coordinate with various departments within the company as well as international partners through all stages of production.
The Production Coordinator will report to the Senior Director & Supervising Producer (SWNY).
The position is based in New York, NY in a hybrid work environment, requiring 2-days per week in the office. Applicants must already have U.S. work authorization without a need for visa assistance or sponsorship.
Please note: This is a temporary benefits eligible contractor position for a duration of 1-year, with a possibility of extension. Language fluency in Arabic is required.
- Support production team through all aspects of the multi-platform creative process with SWNY producers’ oversight and supervision
- Support the creative team on all production related activities with internal and international production teams
- Support the production team by liaising with various internal departments and international partners
- Coordinate all production resources and liaise between teams and departments, as needed
- Attend creative development meetings and script and rough-cut reviews
- Coordinate communication of team comments/notes and write meeting minutes
- Provide overall administrative and production support to the creative team such as:
- Assist with daily operations and logistics
- Review, Tag, & Log Deliverables
- Assist with digital and social media activities
- Track assets and document information for residuals
- Track and follow up on outstanding contracts
- Create presentations, overview documents, graphs and timelines, as needed
- Arrange meetings, book production and catering services, as needed
- Manage travel accommodations and process expense reports for the producers
- Admin support
- Levantine Arabic and English language required
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience with TV/Digital/Film/Media production
- Passion for Sesame Workshop’s mission and interest in children's media and education
- Basic production and post-production experience; editing and subtitling skills a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and/or Premiere
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong online research skills
- Ability to work across multiple project aspects, tight deadlines and various time zones
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, while prioritizing urgent needs
International Social Impact Programs is a division of the Social Impact and Philanthropy department that is responsible for growing Sesame Workshop’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through coalitions of local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners. International Impact must strategically connect and synchronize Sesame’s global networks at the regional and country-level and align content development with global development goals and global themes.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity