Internal Application: Product Development Design Lead
Brand Creative | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is hiring a Product Development Design Lead, Brand Creative to direct product design in support of our Global Licensing business. We're looking for someone with the depth of experience, vision and ability to influence and inspire partners to create great product in support all of our brands at retail.
- Provide art direction and creative support for globally consumer products across all categories, primarily domestic product development submissions. Secondary focus on for international markets.
- Strong knowledge for usage of brand style guides and character art to lift creative expressions and unify standards in hard and soft lines
- Review and direct design for Publishing submissions for storybooks, activity books, etc.
- Work directly with Themed Entertainment Creative Director to develop designs of new park rides, signage and consumer product.
- Represent Brand Creative during licensing partner for kickoff meetings and development brainstorms. Provide constructive feedback and support. Understand the nuances of partner’s design teams to best communicate revisions and changes to product submissions.
- Know trends to keep the brand fresh and relevant with new and innovative design. Research marketplace to keep up with current trends.
- Art direct for all packaging for Sesame Street product (i.e. major US toy and homewares partners). Review and direct all marketing and promotional materials submitted by licensees.
- Art direct design collaborations with established outside artists and trend influencers
- Provide reference, mood boards and assets for pitch decks. New partnerships: Introduce Sesame Workshop’s brand guidelines and helpful tips to the new team with the aim of starting development process on solid footing.
- Knowledge of Sesame’s Brand Marketing strategies which inform direction in product development and marketing promotions
- Oversee direction for global partners for trade: show booth design, as well as, retail displays, signage, Pop-Up stores and experiential events.
- Review partners web design content, provide assets and guidance.
- Product development work with SIP Philanthropic Development team/Fundraising Campaigns.
- B.A./ B.S. Degree, 8+ years of experience
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, manager and vendors to solve problems and collaborate to new solutions
- Manage workflow through the team to effectively use all resources and prioritize projects
- Ability to continually provide creative and fresh ideas to communicate with the customer
- Strong sense of design, color and typography
- Strong design aesthetic in line with that of the Sesame Street brand guidelines
- Ability to create and direct designs with a focus on accuracy, product, copy and brand consistency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible, positive attitude and the ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Proficiency with Mac computers using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity