Producer, USAID/Iraq - based in Erbil, Iraq
International Social Impact | Erbil , Iraq | Contract
Sesame Workshop seeks a qualified Producer for a two-year USAID-funded early education program in Iraq. S/he will provide oversight, execution, and delivery of the video production and liaise with program partner(s), according to the creative direction and program’s objectives.
The Producer will report to the Senior Director & Supervising Producer in the International Social Impact Department at Sesame Workshop. S/he will collaborate with colleagues in the Middle East and United States as well as local partners in Iraq.
Please note: This position is contingent on grant funding. Once approved, it will be a regular full-time benefits eligible position that will be term limited and conclude in June 2023, with a possibility of extension.
- Oversee all stages of local production implementation, in coordination with Senior Director & Supervising Producer
- Manage production timelines, contractual deliverables, and local budgets, in coordination with Senior Director & Supervising Producer
- Oversee dubbing, packaging and delivery of the media content and production elements across multiple platforms
- Synchronize between SWNY, local production and media activities partners, and Iraq program teams
- Participate in budgeting, negotiate costs, inform on market rates, and maintain oversight of all production procurement and spending
- Coordinate contracting and management of production vendors, writers, and talent, as needed
- Assist in preparing and processing all production-related requests, invoices, and expense reports
- Manage receipt, review, and approval of all video and audio materials, as well as storing copies of all assets for future needs
- Manage all paper deliverables (including scripts, rundowns, music cue sheets, etc.) and cataloging metadata of all assets for residuals and future needs, prior to final payments
- Deliver final master and screener files to partners and broadcasters, as needed
- Deliver production summaries to SWNY production team for reporting to partners, funders and work plans to help secure grants and funding
- Assist in organizing and facilitating production workshops in collaboration with SWNY
- Arrange domestic and international travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Television/Film/Media Production, Communications, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with TV/Digital/Film/Media production, preferably in the region
- Strong interest in children's media and education, with a vision for how to innovate and deliver educational impact to children
- Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills
- Moderate knowledge of editing software & tools, and how to support social media
- Capacity to work across multiple project deliverables and with various teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and across various time zones
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment
- Native Arabic and operational English language required, Kurdish language skills a plus
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
In partnership with USAID/Iraq, over the course of the 3-year activity starting July 1, 2021, SW will implement Ahlan Simsim Iraq. Ahlan Simsim Iraq will leverage Ahlan Simsim’s unique approach that combines locally driven, crisis-sensitive and age-appropriate interventions to increase resilience capacities among children, families and communities impacted by conflict and violence. Using a combination of original multimedia that promotes inclusion and reflects the diversity of Iraqi society, direct services that reduce the vulnerability of children, and youth engagement programming that lays the foundation for self-efficacy and participation, Ahlan Simsim Iraq will help USAID reach its goal to contribute to a stable, sovereign Iraq that is able to respond in a timely and transparent manner to the needs of its citizens.
The overall goal of the project is for families and communities impacted by conflict and violence to create and participate in inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD) opportunities and have increased resilience capacities that help to counter malign influences.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity