Finance: Accounting Operations | New York, NY | Part Time
The Payroll Administrator serves as the first point of contact to employees with payroll matters and ensures the effective delivery of payroll and accurate reporting for assigned divisions. The Payroll Administrator also supports the employees onboarding requirements along with performing employee payroll updates as needed.
- Process the weekly payrolls for assigned divisions. This involves data entry and downloading timecard entries from employees as well as running previews and balancing payroll prior to transmittal
- Process/balance the semi-monthly Staff payroll on a back-up basis
- Provide a high level of customer service based by assisting employees with payroll-related issues (direct deposit, PTO policy, password resets, payroll deadlines, Time & Attendance, tax withholding forms, report requests, etc.) Escalate to Payroll Director if necessary.
- Calculate and produce manual transactions as needed
- Process special deductions as needed
- Compile monthly union information (dues, 401k, pension, health & welfare) and send to outside partners for payment
- Run monthly reports and create ad hoc reports for various departments
- Ensure proper coding of payments.
- Ensure protocol for manager approval of time sheets occurs in a timely manner
- Assist with year-end fiscal processes
- Cross-train designated backup staff to administer and process time, attendance and payroll when needed
- 3 or more years of Payroll or Human Resources (HRIS) experience required
- Knowledge of payroll/HR systems, preferably ADP (daily use of ADP - report creation, navigation, entry of employee changes, time & attendance maintenance)
- Proficiency with MS Excel (formula creation, modifying reports and data)
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), and problem-solving skills
- The ability to keep information confidential
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity