Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Paralegal to work in-house on a variety of matters, including those related to independent contractor and short term employee agreements, digital and consumer product licensing, and music rights issues. We’re looking for a detail-oriented person with first-rate communication skills, who is eager to work as part of an in-house legal team.
The candidate will work both independently and in collaboration with Sesame Workshop’s attorneys to:
- Draft a variety of contracts and other legal documents, reviewing with attorneys as needed
- Meet with clients to collect information and provide client support
- Gather and analyze information to complete tasks, including conducting background research on contract terms, potential business partners and other elements of legal department work
- Paralegal certification; bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a paralegal
- Substantive experience drafting and reviewing contracts and working with clients
- Prior in-house experience required with media and/or licensing business, along with familiarity with copyright and trademark law.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate externally with third parties
- Excellent organization and writing skills, ability to multi-task, and professional judgement required
- Aptitude for working as part of a team with a strong commitment to quality and passion for results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 necessary, as well as an ability to adapt to new technology platforms. Experience working with document management and/or workflow systems strongly preferred.