Operations Manager, International Social Impact
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop seeks a dynamic business office Manager to support the International Social Impact (ISI) department with operational support, process improvement, knowledge & resource management, and budget tracking. The Manager will also provide support to three (3) Country Office (CO) teams serving as a link and liaison between the CO and HQ functional teams.
This position reports to the Director of the ISI department and is based at our headquarters office in New York City. Sesame Workshop is a hybrid work environment with a minimum requirement of 2-days per week in the office.
This is a regular, full-time, benefits eligible position.
- Development and implement operational processes related to Legal and Finance tracking and management
- Anticipate and identify Office of SVPs and departmental priorities, and work with Department Coordinator to manage time accordingly
- Lead departmental allocations process and manage monthly timesheet submissions
- Manage ISI Administrative budget tracking
- Lead ISI knowledge management including policy development, resource center, and asset management updates
- Prepare presentations for board meetings and advisories, and internal & external audiences; oversee quarterly reporting and departmental communications
- Hire and manage departmental interns
- Manage departmental onboarding and new hire process
- Manage and execute special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Business, Education, Development or relevant field
- 3-5 years of experience in an operations, strategy and/or administrative role ideally in an international non-profit setting
- Organized self-starter able to take initiative and work independently and make decisions with limited oversight
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed organization with a sense of urgency
- Ability to build relationships and work with key internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability to aggregate and synthesize complex topics into concise, persuasive, and credible communications including via PowerPoint decks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify information sources, gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and present findings to team members and stakeholders
- Superior process management skills, including exceptional time management and follow-through, experience with deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment, strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information and operate with discretion
- A willingness to work across time zones
- Experience and/or interest in international development, education, or media
International Social Impact Programs is a division of the Social Impact and Philanthropy department that is responsible for growing Sesame Workshop’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through coalitions of local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners. International Impact must strategically connect and synchronize Sesame’s global networks at the regional and country-level and align content development with global development goals and global themes.
About Sesame Workshop:
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to impact the world’s most vulnerable children. In more than 150 countries, we are serving kids through a wide range of media and philanthropically funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. Sesame is a beloved household name in dozens of languages, and it means learning – and fun – in all of them. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity