Music Library Coordinator
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Music Library Coordinator to join the International Social Impact (ISI) department. The position reports into the Senior Director of Media Operations and involves working with colleagues in international production, production management, legal, and talent payments. The Music Library Coordinator will create music cue sheets for our various international programs and help build a royalty-free music and sound effects library.
Please note: This position is a temporary role for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working with international producers on the creation, review, and delivery of music cue sheets for our international content
- Maintaining our cue sheet database for all international productions and programs
- Ensure payment of AFM residuals
- Support and guide productions with music contract negotiations and the implementation of cue sheet protocols to ensure the proper creation and distribution of music cue sheets
- Build a royalty-free music and sound effects library for Sesame Workshop
- Bachelor's degree in Music, Law, or Library Science, or related fields
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the music industry, especially on cue sheets for television
- Mastery of various cue sheet tools, formats, and public music databases
- Strong knowledge of music clearance, licensing process, and commissioning music
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to work independently but also communicate ideas and recommendations effectively
- Familiarity with audio/visual assets (tape, file types, technical specifications)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Airtable or other database tools, a plus
Department Overview: International Social Impact is a division of the Social Impact and Philanthropy department that is responsible for growing Sesame Workshop’s global presence and initiating, implementing and strategically sustaining local brand adaptations to drive reach and impact. The team collaborates with a variety of international partners, stakeholders, and service providers to deliver educationally targeted, high-quality content through coalitions of local and global media, education, government, corporate, donor and civil society partners. International Impact must strategically connect and synchronize Sesame’s global networks at the regional and country level and align content development with global development goals and global themes.
Company description: Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. We’re in more than 150 countries, serving kids through a wide range of media and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. Sesame is a beloved household name in dozens of languages, and it means learning – and fun – in all of them. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity