Media Distribution & Business Development Manager
International Media Business: China | Shanghai, China | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Media Distribution & Business Development Manager to develop and implement the strategy to maximize growth opportunities for our content distribution. The role will also support new business development to discover and analyze other business opportunities for Sesame Workshop China. This role reports to Business Development Director.
Please note: This job is located in Shanghai, China.
- Develop and implement a business plan of media distribution that clearly identifies key growth opportunities
- Lead the negotiation of agreements with program licensing partners
- Manage program licensing partners, ensure media fulfillment, and execute joint promotional campaigns, both online and off-line to increase viewership for our program
- Regularly communicate with partners to provide updated marketing materials, understand their requirements, and increase viewership for our program
- Work with internal & external teams to manage media assets, content localization, program lists, marketing materials and all necessary materials for program delivery
- Support various co-production projects, including making of proposals, production coordination and marketing.
- Support various business development projects, such as industry research, competitor analysis, new business development in LBE, licensing.
- All the other duties assigned by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience
- Bi-lingual in English and Mandarin
- Minimum 2-year experience in media organizations or streaming platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of the content distribution landscape
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can work both independently and as a team member
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills. Ability to balance a variety of internal and external stakeholders and deliver results and outcomes on strict deadlines
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention to detail
- Working experience in multinational companies is preferable
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the non-profit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We are educators, creators, researchers, moms, dads, caregivers, and friends. We are a community of 400+ people with an amazing network of global partners who are passionate about one thing: helping children.
We’re present in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of non-profit and commercial businesses across media, formal education, consumer products, themed entertainment, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs. Through our globally beloved characters, we provide almost two hundred million children with access to life-changing early education, critical health lessons, and helpful tools for tough situations.
About Sesame Street China
Sesame Workshop China (WFOE) was established in 2013, and currently runs a 10+ person operation in Shanghai with businesses across content distribution, product licensing, and English language education (EFL). Sesame Street China operates as a for-profit entity, with a focus on balancing commercial activity and community outreach.
In 1983, Sesame Workshop partnered with CCTV to create “Big Bird in China,” documenting Big Bird’s first visit to the country. In the decades since, the Muppets have continued to enrich the lives of children throughout the country in countless ways, from leading outreach efforts in places affected by natural disasters to hosting a dazzling education showcase at Shanghai’s 2010 World Expo. The locally developed, Mandarin-language version of Sesame Street debuted in December 2010. More recently, since in 2014, Sesame has partnered with CCTV every year to produce Chinese New Year specials. In 2018, CCTV became the first partner to ever come to NY to shoot on the iconic Sesame Street set CCTV children’s television celebrities came to New York, and shot the special with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and the local Chinese tiger character Lily, on the Sesame Street set. Our partnership with CCTV has since expanded with the broadcast of two US dubbed programs Bert & Ernie Great Adventures and Cookie Crumby Pictures.