Internal Application: MBA Summer Associate - International Social Impact
International Social Impact | New York, NY | Internship
Sesame Workshop is seeking MBA students for its MBA Summer Associate Program. Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering preschool educational television show. The mission of Sesame Workshop is to help kids grow smarter, stronger and kinder. The Workshop is a global educational force for change with the goal of reaching and helping the world's most vulnerable children. Sesame appears in more than 150 countries, serving kids through a wide range of media and community engagement programs. All of the Workshop’s programs are grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the curriculum needs and cultures of the communities they serve.
The MBA Summer Associate will join the International Social Impact department. International Social Impact is responsible for Sesame’s international social impact programs and productions, including our multi-faceted work in India, Bangladesh and South Africa, as well as topic-based initiatives such as WASH and Girl Talk. The team’s work encompasses production, project management and education/curriculum development, in addition to the development of new proposals and programs.
The summer internship is project-based, with the Summer Associate intended to work on one major project throughout the course of the summer. This project will likely involve the design of a new international social impact program – including market research, opportunity assessment, program model/concept development, financial analysis and business plan design. A key aspect of the job is being able to assess and analyze large amounts of information/data, develop a coherent point of view, and present the information to stakeholders in a manner that enables effective decision-making. Synthesis of recent findings/recommendations and presentations to Sesame Social Impact leadership will be regular.
Candidates for the MBA Summer Associate program will first be evaluated for the competencies and qualifications listed. After MBA Associates are selected, projects will be determined based on the Associate’s specific skills and interests and the needs of Sesame Workshop.
- Current MBA student from a top-tier business school, interested in international development and social impact
- Proven ability to take charge of generating hypotheses, identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings to team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including deep experience with conducting financial analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and communicate ideas in PowerPoint decks
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
- Prior consulting or strategy experience is a plus
- Prior experience in social enterprises and / or with social entrepreneurship is also a plus
Please provide a cover letter; we want to understand why you’re interested in working for Sesame Workshop and what skills and experiences make you a strong candidate for this role.
The application for this role will close on March 13th however interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Hours per Week: 40
- Wage/ Salary: $1,850 / week