Marketing Manager, Retail, Licensing & Themed Entertainment
Marketing and Brand Strategy | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Marketing Manager, Licensing & Themed Enterntainment for our Media & Education Business. The Marketing Manager will execute marketing plans with an emphasis on themed entertainment, Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary, and new properties. In this role, he/she will liaison with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Lead marketing support for our Themed Entertainment business, which includes theme parks and live shows. Both are new partnerships that will require cross departmental planning and coordination regarding branding, marketing strategy, and promotional execution.
- Manage special projects, such as Sesame Street’s 50th anniversary under the guidance of AVP Marketing and Franchise Planning. Includes:
- Meeting with key stakeholders to ensure that projects continue to move forward on time and within budget.
- Work with the Marketing, Social Media and PR teams to build exposure and buzz
- Develop and implement plans to grow and launch new Sesame Workshop properties such as Esme & Roy. Includes development of branding and creative assets, working with distribution partners on both trade and consumer facing promotional materials, working closely with digital team to determine digital plan and strategy, and the licensing team to develop plans for consumer product roll out.
- Provide support for our international marketing managers and agents. Includes brand immersions for new partners, approval of marketing materials for show launches, & providing brand POV for third party advertising and sponsorship.
- Support Strategic Partnerships Team as they pitch or expand sponsorship packages. Provide marketing POV on IP usage, creative assets and messaging.
- Represent the brand and properties’ POV for all cross-business initiatives, ensuring brand and creative consistency (i.e. marketing approvals and insight for strategic partners, sponsors, and licensees, such as IBM Watson)
- Work closely with Sr. Director, Digital Marketing to elevate our brand presence through digital/social media
Who You Are:
- 4-5+ years’ experience working in marketing, advertising, or digital media
- Experience with media entertainment or licensing/retail experience a plus.
- Multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills who can pay close attention to detail
- Go-getter with high energy and a positive can-do attitude
- Relationship builder with well-developed people skills
- Creative predisposition
- Expert in PowerPoint, strong overall computer skills
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s Degree