Manager, Strategy - Social Impact Operations
Social Impact Operations | New York, NY | Full Time | From $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 per year
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Manager, Strategy to join the Strategy, Social Impact and Philanthropy Operations department. The combined Strategy and Social Impact and Philanthropy (SIP) Operations department is responsible for providing strategic advice and consulting services to the Organization’s internal business units and working closely with our US, International, and Philanthropic Development Teams to implement Sesame’s philanthropic work and ensure work is delivered effectively and on budget. The team’s work encompasses industry/market analysis, financial modeling, articulating and assessing strategic options, supporting teams as they implement organizational priorities, and monitoring financial performance, taking steps to improve performance, as necessary.
The Senior Manager will work closely with the Strategy and SIP Operations team to support the Social Impact & Philanthropy division within Sesame Workshop. Their day-to-day work will include conducting external and internal analyses, synthesizing and presenting findings, and working side-by-side with teams to implement recommendations and problem-solve as needed.
Please Note: The stated hourly/salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information during the interview process.
- Develop comprehensive strategies for Sesame Workshop departments, in line with organizational priorities and market trends
- Develop and support financial management opportunities for Sesame Workshop’s social impact division; including long-range planning, process improvement, and the development of new tools designed to improve Sesame’s social impact operations
- Thoroughly assess new social impact opportunities (both qualitatively and quantitatively) and develop plans to execute against new opportunities, balancing financial considerations, impact, and Sesame’s capabilities
- Support existing social impact work with analysis and planning to ensure continued growth and sustainability across the globe
- Manage and create communications and presentations for senior management and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MPP) or equivalent expeirence
- 5 years of strategy and business planning experience; 3+ years of management consulting experience preferred
- Knowledge of, or interest in, social impact and the education sector; specifically early childhood
- Proven ability to identify information sources, gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and present findings to team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with conducting financial analysis and light modeling
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and communicate ideas in PowerPoint decks
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with people from multiple backgrounds and cultures across all levels of the organization
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been helping kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder since 1969. Today Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children. We’re in more than 150 countries, serving kids through a wide range of media and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, all grounded in rigorous research and individually tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. Sesame is a beloved household name in dozens of languages, and it means learning - and fun - in all of them. For more information, please visit sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity