Manager, Speakers Bureau
Speakers Bureau | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Manager of Speakers Bureau who is highly organized and detail-oriented to manage requests and identify speaking opportunities to elevate Sesame Workshop’s content, social impact work, and mission in the US and around the world.
The Manager will support the coordination of all Sesame staff speaking engagements and field incoming speaker requests, researching additional speaking opportunities, writing session briefs and talking points, designing presentations, and managing speaker logistics.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer and self-starter who takes initiative, prioritizes well, and can multitask effectively. The candidate will have experience in and/or knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or children’s education and media. This is a relationship-focused, process-oriented role that requires sensitivity in working well internally as well as handling audience-facing opportunities.
Please Note: This position is based in New York City. Candidates should be local.
To secure and facilitate speaking engagements to elevate Sesame Workshop initiatives, content, and mission. Primary duties include:
- Prioritize and manage multiple speaking opportunities simultaneously, vetting incoming speaker requests and making recommendations on opportunities worth pursuing
- Perform a high volume of outreach and research to identify potential speaking opportunities
- Pitch and coordinate speaking opportunities featuring executives and Sesame Street Muppets to elevate Sesame Workshop content and initiatives
- Assist in developing compelling presentations for delivery at high-level events, conferences, and partner or funder meetings, including drafting talking points and creating accompanying well-designed PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare summary briefs about conferences, summits, and other convenings where Sesame Workshop might pursue speaking opportunities
- Conduct intake calls to capture the details of speaking opportunities and prepare notes to share with potential speakers
- Coordinate with the Legal department to prepare speaker agreements and/or permission letters
- Develop and maintain records tracking Speakers Bureau activity across all departments of the organization
- Liaise with Strategic Communications, Marketing, Brand Creative, Finance, and Production, and other internal departments to coordinate all speaking engagement communications and logistics
- Arrange pre-program calls with speakers and event hosts to review presentation content and logistics
- Coordinate AV, travel arrangements, prepare travel packets, briefings, and meeting agendas as directed for speakers and talent
- Provide regular event status reports to the SVP
- Staff speakers and talent onsite at events, as needed
- 3+ years of public affairs experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Excellent writer who loves to tell a great story. The ability to copyedit is essential.
- Superior process management skills: exceptional time management and follow-through, experience with deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail; ability to balance competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative.
- Relationship-builder and strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or children’s education and media
- Self-starter who proactively brings new ideas to the table and finds a path to execution
- Availability to work occasional extended hours or weekends, pending conference needs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity