Internal Application: Manager, International Media Distribution
International Media Business | New York, NY | Full Time
Manager, International Media Distribution
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Manager, International Media Distribution. The manager will directly manage day to day Media Distribution for assigned International territories. Develop and implement sales strategies in the respective territories. Establish and maintain relationships with TV/digital buyers, maintain knowledge of programming trends and pricing; prepare program availabilities; negotiate program/digital sales; preparation of deal memos; and liaise between Legal and Finance departments. Represent Company at trade shows and on sales trips.
- Assists in formation and implementation of International Media business strategies to identify growth opportunities and analyze marketplace.
- Assists with program sales projections; monitor program sales budgets and work with finance department to finalize budgets for submission to corporate for assigned territories.
- Develop relationships with broadcasters in assigned territories to ensure long-term partnerships with Sesame Workshop.
- Work closely with the various divisions (Legal and Business Affairs, Finance, Marketing, Production, Research, Products, PR, Online) that contribute to final execution of a contract.
- Negotiate television program sales agreements with broadcasters and agents to encourage exploitation of our program catalog
- Maintain and improve status of program sales business in assigned territories to achieve agreed upon objectives each year to meet budget responsibilities for the fiscal year.
- Coordinate marketing, content and logistical needs for various trade shows, conferences and individual market sales trips
- Work with existing international DVD, Digital & Audio partners and licensing agents to improve communications and maximize business.
- Oversee collection of licensee’s forecasts, business and marketing plans.
- Expand presence in key territories with creative localized content offerings
- Coordinate launch of key video titles for international distribution.
- Work with Marketing/Creative Services to review and approve packaging & marketing material submissions
- Help develop and produce catalogs and sales materials for DVD
- Manage additional projects as assigned for the Europe territory.
- Attend sales conferences.
- B.A/B.S College Degree
- Program sales experience required, international experience a plus
- 5 years work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with PowerPoint required, including the ability to build a deck that tells a story
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and “own” projects
- Creative, media and trend savvy
- Team Player, with a “no task is too small” mentality
- Positive, confident attitude with a sense of humor