Manager, Grant Writing
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Temporary
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Manager, Grant Writing. The manager supports the Philanthropic Development group’s efforts to secure funding for the Workshop’s international initiatives from private foundations and government agencies. This position is responsible for a wide range of activities involved in grant management, the most significant of which is writing proposals, funder reports, concept notes and letters of inquiry. This position may also include routine contact with funders. The candidate must have excellent writing, organization, and verbal communication skills. The right candidate should be a team player and work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Please note: This job is an 8-month contract and will be remote until September then located in our NYC office. Local candidates please.
- Write strong and compelling grant proposals and concept notes for foundations and government agencies
- Prepare interim and final reports for funders
- Manage and develop protocols for timely submission of proposals and reports
- Work collaboratively with international social impact teams on project planning for proposals and updates for reports
- Support prospect and other research as needed
- Attend team meetings and serve as a resource on funder requirements and grant deliverables
- Manage/support the contracting process as needed
- Track grant and all prospect activity in SalesForce
- Maintain calendar for proposals and reports
- B.A. degree
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Excellent written communication
- Strong online research skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, SalesForce and PowerPoint.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity