Manager, Donor Database Management & Analytics
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Manager, Donor Database Management & Analytics. Reporting to the VP, the Donor Database Management & Analytics is responsible for managing Sesame Workshop’s donor information systems to ensure that all donor records are complete and accurate, and all gift data is recorded accurately and timely. This includes gift processing, managing data import and data entry, data extraction, data quality initiatives, and other related activities. This position works very closely with Sesame Workshop’s finance department and serves as the key point of contact for reconciliation of all contributions.
- Manage and maintain donor information in CRM database (Salesforce) with a focus on data integrity, updates and corrections.
- Manage processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, wire and stock transfer.
- Establish standards, provide training and enforce staff utilization of the Salesforce database for updating donor information.
- Develop, track and produce reports, exports and lists for development projects including the annual report, mailings, recognition lists, gala and other cultivation events, management and board reports, acknowledgments, and other related activities.
- Generate accurate financial and analytical reports, develop and implement policies to guide gift entry, and ensure that the database effectively captures donor gift information; develop reports to validate gift data and correct anomalies as needed.
- Track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminders as appropriate.
- Enter and update donor records in the database as it relates to gift processing.
- Work with the finance team to ensure all gifts and payments are recorded accurately and completely
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in using and managing donor management software systems; Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience in database analysis and project management
- Knowledge and scope of fundraising sources
- Knowledge of fundraising policies, tax, and regulatory guidelines
- Knowledge of nonprofit finance conventions
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled