Manager, Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Public Relations/Corporate Events | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Manager, Diversity Equity and Inclusion who will support the leadership and coordination of the organization’s efforts to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) across all aspects involving staff, culture, and work.
The Manager will help to implement company-wide DEI strategies, initiatives, and coordinate trainings, resource groups and programs to engage staff at all levels in DEI focused efforts.
Please note: This position is based in New York City. Candidates should be local.
- Act as a project manager to help coordinate and facilitate DEI consultancy work
- Support the internal DEI Council known as CARE and help to transition it to next phases of DEI work
- Support the scheduling and short-term plan for external expert deliverables and audits and assessments of current internal processes and practices
- Help to coordinate employee training on specific topics and skill-building areas
- Research, cultivate and coordinate program opportunities such as ERGs and other groups to support staff
- Support tracking data and processing key DEI goals and metrics as well as monitoring Sesame Workshop’s performance progress attaining DEI goals and regular, transparent reporting on progress
- Partner with HR team to help deepen and strengthen an inclusive and diverse internal culture and reinforce principles of diversity and inclusion in all workplace practices
- Collaborate with HR Recruitment to expand the talent pipeline with a DEI lens by developing and sharing contacts, opportunities, connections etc.
- Partner with Sesame Workshop’s marketing, communications and content teams to ensure that internal and external communications are aligned in messaging and reflecting our DEI values and practices
- Liaise with departments and support CDEIO in focus on DEI as it relates to work through international reach, programs through partnerships, licensing, fundraising and more
- Partner with internal teams to ensure resources are available to support DEI goals
- Represent Sesame as needed at industry forums, learning institutions, and with other companies’ DEI groups Prepare and support coordinating presentations and panel discussions to amplify Sesame Workshop’s overall commitment to DEI
- Represent Sesame and be an active member of DEI associations, best practice councils and connect with affinity groups
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in formal HR , organizational or institutional roles and settings
- Organizational skill, strong writing and speaking skills
- Willingness and comfort with engaging with staff at all levels to help build an inclusive, equitable culture
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity