Manager, Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and inclusion | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is seeking a Manager of Diversity Equity and Inclusion who will support the leadership and coordination of the organization’s efforts to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) across all aspects involving staff, culture, and work.
The Manager will play a critical and operational role in building and implementing company-wide DEI strategies, initiatives, trainings, resource groups and programs to engage staff at all levels in DEI-focused efforts across the organization.
The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about DEI and employee engagement, has strong program management and the ability to collaborate with varied team members, functions and third parties as needed.
This position is based in New York City. It will report to the Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer.
DEI Program Management
- Support management of DEI team internal operations as well as for the DEI Council known as CARE
- In partnership with DEI office team, support day-to-day management including executing on annual plans and DEI programs including speaker series, workshops, ERGs, etc.
- Act as a project manager to help coordinate and facilitate DEI consultancy work
- Facilitate and deliver internal DEI-focused workshops and trainings
- Coordinate external workshops and trainings as needed, which includes liaising with external facilitators to ensure appropriate materials, setting up prep meetings, managing day-of A/V tech needs and room set up, etc. for seamless end-to-end event execution
- Communicate with staff at all levels across the organization to answer DEI program inquiries and distribute program communications
- Prepare and build decks and presentations to amplify Sesame Workshop’s commitment to DEI
- Coordinate with marketing, communications, and content teams to streamline and generate ideas and content to communicate and promote DEI initiatives internally and externally
- Supporting DEI and HR teams, enrich our retention and employee development strategies, including training, performance and career development solutions for employees and managers
- Support DEI and HR reporting, which includes measuring, tracking, and reporting on diversity metrics as well as leveraging the data to identify opportunities for DEI growth
- Help coordinate DEI and HR office employee training on specific DEI topics and skill-building areas
- Manage DEI training updates and overviews for new hires.
- Partner with HR team to help deepen and strengthen an inclusive and diverse internal culture and reinforce principles of diversity and inclusion in all workplace practices
- Collaborate with HR Recruitment to expand the talent pipeline with a DEI lens by developing and sharing contacts, opportunities, connections etc.
- Identify and represent Sesame Workshop through connections with DEI associations, best practice councils and connect with affinity groups
- Partner with internal teams to ensure resources are available to support DEI goals
- Representation at industry forums, learning institutions, and with other companies’ DEI groups
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a professional setting
- 3+ years experience in program or project management, HR, Learning & Development, or other relevant experiences
- Experience executing programs and events with multiple stakeholders in a timely and effective manner
- Willingness and comfort with engaging with staff at all levels to help build an inclusive, equitable culture
- Strong understanding of leading practices and innovations in DEI, as well as the strengths and drawbacks of what has been tried to date
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Highly organized with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and highly sensitive information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful self-starter and solution-oriented
- Collaborative and able to create excellent working relationships
- Experience using PowerPoint and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity