Manager, Creative Development
Creative Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Manager, Creative Development. The Creative Development team is responsible for developing and vetting new program ideas and genres for Sesame Workshop. This will include work on new programs for in-house development, projects in development with distributors, Sesame Street animated content, and short-form. The manager will be expected to share ideas, communicate feedback, and work closely with internal teams at Sesame to keep development projects running smoothly.
- Identify content that aligns with Sesame Workshop’s mission and creative vision.
- Manage information flow and editorial integrity during all phases of development from conception to greenlight.
- Partner with Curriculum and Content, Research, to develop creative assignments aligning to strategic goals.
- Partner with Sesame Street production team to develop SST spin-offs and specials.
- Build strong working relationships with distributors and content buyers.
- Review and evaluate creative concepts, including but not limited to attending pitch meetings and providing coverage on pitches.
- Review treatments and materials submitted from external creators and work with the development team to provide timely feedback.
- Shepherd the greenlight process from concept to network pitch, including developing pitch materials such as show bibles and outlines.
- Prepare and attend presentations and pitches to potential partners.
- Work cross-functionally with departments like Curriculum & Content, Business & Legal Affairs, and Finance.
- Stay on top of the latest trends and talent by researching, building and fostering relationships with the creative community, and attending industry events.
- Consistently seek out new talent and voices; attend festivals and other events to help scout for creative talent and content.
- Build and foster relationships with the creative community to stay on top of the latest trends, talent, etc.
- Reach out to agents and producers to solicit new ideas.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the broadcast industry.
- Understanding of high-level producing and hands-on production (animation and live-action) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of children’s television, educational media, and animation and live-action production workflows.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project timelines and meet deadlines within budgetary constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Final Draft.
- Able to multi-task at a high level and able easily adapt to fast-changing environments.
- Highly collaborative – loves working with others.
- Great problem solver and decision maker.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity