Manager, Annual Giving
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
MANAGER, ANNUAL GIVING
The Manager, Annual Giving at Sesame Workshop will be responsible for helping to build and strengthen the Workshop’s broad base of donors and potential donors through fundraising and engagement efforts both domestically and abroad. The focus will be on acquiring, retaining and upgrading donors at the annual giving level (under $1,000) through mass marketing, online fundraising via social and email channels, corporate partnerships and events, and other fundraising activities.
This position, reporting to the Vice President, Annual Giving and Analytics, will be a valuable member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and will work with the VP, other members of the Philanthropic Development team and colleagues across the organization in support of growing and managing the Annual Giving efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to help shape and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to build Annual Giving, with the goal of increasing unrestricted support for Sesame Workshop’s portfolio of domestic and international initiatives.
- Support the VP in developing and implementing strategies for acquiring donors and strengthening relationships with Sesame’s current pool of donors under $1K (annual giving) through a multi-channel approach; analyze effectiveness of campaigns, help establish and track targets for increasing overall number of donors, annual gift upgrades, sustainers, and overall donor engagement.
- Support VP on identifying new sources of prospective donors (email acquisition, events, employee matching programs, social media surveys). Explore and expand fundraising opportunities such as crowdfunding platforms, employee giving, Combined Federal Campaign, peer to peer fundraising, retail charity events, etc.
- Work with digital and marketing/communications teams to improve messaging on nonprofit status; continue to enhance web and social presence; work with digital team on refreshing website to promote campaigns across digital channels.
- With guidance from VP, provide oversight and direction on communications calendar for Sesame’s current donor and prospect base, manage annual campaign efforts (Giving Tuesday, End of Year Appeal, World Days); work closely with marketing on social media and email marketing programs to provide consistency in communications.
- Support VP in developing segmentation strategies, working with the Email Marketing Manager and CRM Manager, to engage Annual Giving donors and develop the Annual Giving program as an effective pipeline to the Major Gifts program.
- Work closely with Salesforce CRM Manager for creation of reports used to measure ROI on strategies, communications, and monetary investments in current and prospective donor base growth.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with finance on expanding portfolio of unrestricted annual giving support and ensuring accurate representation in financial reports.
- Collect and synthesize relevant research, impact statistics, stories, and anecdotes to be used in appeals, newsletters and other communications.
- Collaborate with colleagues on efforts to support Yellow Feather Fund including products, partnerships and other promotional and fundraising opportunities with partners.
- Support VP Annual Giving and Analytics with managing contracts, billing and payment processing for freelancers and third party organizations.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the nonprofit sector and a demonstrated track record of success in fundraising and relationship management at a not-for-profit
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manage complex spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-starter with sound judgment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software
- Excellent technology skills a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Social Skills: Strong social skills a must; ability to interact -- with professionalism -- with a variety of personalities both internally and externally
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to help kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity