Licensing Manager, Toys & Hardlines
Domestic Licensing Department | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Licensing Manager, Toys & Hardlines. The Manager is responsible for the effective management and growth of Toys & Hardlines accounts as well as responsibilities encompassing business and creative management.
- Manage the day-to-day business of toys and hardlines licensees.
- Responsible for analyzing the business, staying apprised of competitive and marketplace trends
- Conduct gap analysis and drive growth strategy for categories of business
- Drive new business by identifying new licensing opportunities and prospecting, pitching and negotiating with potential partners
- Negotiate and draft deal memos for renewals, new deals and modifications and work with the Legal department on contract development, process organization and execution
- Cross-department collaboration and liaising with Legal, Creative, Marketing, Sponsorship, Social Impact, PR and Finance departments
- Ideate, develop and present decks, brand materials and pitches to internal and external teams
- Regularly communicate pertinent information to management and internal team members to keep them apprised of category performance
- Responsible for overseeing the development and marketing of quality product
- Coordinate and attend business reviews, line reviews and product development meetings with licensees and creative resources on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and gather quarterly forecasts from licensees and assist in analyzing them to help effectively manage the budget.
- Assists in preparing and presenting decks and pitches at various internal and external meetings, trade shows, advertising, events and line reviews.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and marketing of quality product.
- Process product approval submissions and traffic forms to creative resources and business managers. Return all materials to licensees. Includes independent review & decision-making.
- Coordinate and attend line reviews and product development meetings with creative resources and licensees on a regular basis.
- Inventory creative assets currently with licensees and distribute creative assets as applicable and on an ongoing basis.
- Gather and maintain information for the creation of product development schedules including key milestones in process.
- Create and maintain product bibles for all licensees including line lists, product photos and catalogs.
- Supports Senior Director and Vice President by providing creative management tasks for additional key licensees.
- B.A/B.S College Degree or equivalent experience
- Toys / Hardlines and competitive character licensing management experience desired
- 3 years of work experience preferred
- Strong background with entertainment brand franchising
- Understanding of the components of commodity business based on sales and gross margin profitability as well as manufacturing process and development
- Proven ability to excel in an account management role
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Internet
- Jaguar is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity